FSX NEEDS DEBUGGING?

Pro Member Trainee
Gary (trislander) Trainee

I was so exited to get my new FSX. 😂
The install seemed to go great. However (here goes) the quality of the graphics were very poor. Line in the sky, cloud and rain well a mash of purple colours. Frame rates were very poor. Aircraft views were very slow to load. I see alot of talk about hardware here. But the system requirements microsoft give should be what will run it.
I have given up and reinstalled good old 2004. 😞

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Welcome aboard Trislander 🍻 , glad to see a new member. I feel the same way about FSX. I don't have it yet so I'm reading of all the installation problems and fixes for future reference. I'll buy a new computer after Vista is out, then I'll buy FSX. I'm enjoying my FS9. 🙂

PS You should get yourself an avatar picture for under your name.

Pro Member Captain
Micah Captain

Hi Guys,

Remember that Microsofts system specs are for running the sim with everything set on minimum. Therefore it will run but wont look great.

I have it running acceptably and it is a million miles better than 2004, i cant wait for more planes to be released then it will be trully awesome.

1 last thing, although my first paragraph kind of states this anyway, never never go by recommended specs on the back of a box for any simulation/game, it will never get you very far.

Micah 😉

Pro Member Trainee

Hi guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I seem to be allways upgrading my hardware, and seems like thats the thing once again with FSX.
I have a AMD64 3200 with a gig of ram and a Gforce 6600 graphics.
Go on then tell me where im going wrong.
I dont see people rushing out to buy new machines, even sim nuts like me. I think the cost of this out weighs the benefits of FSX.
Perhaps you can also tell me how to download cool pics on messege body.
Facts
They have note done anything to improve atc?
They have not done anything to improve nav data?
Also if im flying low enough to see the lovely landmarks and wildlife, i would be a bit worried. well in a 747 that is?

Pro Member Trainee
jhausner Trainee

Yes minimum spec issues aren't exclusive to FSX btw. SimCity4 is a classic sim that is nearly unplayable at the minimum specs and can be hell to play with a full city at the recommended settings. Even modern graphics cards don't offer all the tricks to rendering for sims as they are all optimised for first person shooter style games.

I remember reading an article where Will Wright was explaining how very little today's modern graphics cards even the 7900 series and X1900s from ATI do in simulation graphics rendering because the engines are so very different from those of Quake 4 or World of Warcraft.

Pro Member Trainee

Maybe ive been a bit harsh on FSX, Well maybe not. See I got it running no probs at all. Is there anything i can do about the smooth frame rates i.e what setting is best. like 2004 was best set on about 20 frames.
Also the quality on graphics, on high settings, is particularly bad in weather or at night or both. 😳
Is there any support from ( we are not worthy) Microsft yet?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The only solution I can think of is more power(faster CPU, more RAM and a PCI express interface for the graphics card). MS is probably busy working on a patch to alleviate all of the installation error messages that people are getting. 🙂

AMD64 X2 4800+ 1Gb ram Geforce 7900GTX 256Mb
FSX runs more or less the same (very badly) with med details on 1680x1050x32 and 1280x760 ....that's crazy.
I get fs2004 running at more than 40fps with MAX detail and all sorts of addons on this machine!!! What's wrong??

Pro Member Trainee

All the bumpf on here, i have read, seems to suggest just one thing.
BIN IT.
Fore those who are about to use this software (without fault) may the lord make us truly thankfull 😂
My 2004 gives me better graphics, better frame rates, and better useability. But the answers of get better hardware just doesn,t seem to work according to alot of users. So, back to my original opening subject. FSX NEEDS DEBUGGING.
Surely after all the coments i have seen on here, some have been sent to Microsoft. So any wispers of an admitance of fault here ❓

ChiefDan Guest

I was so excited about having FSX on my PC. The installation went great, but as soon as I selected my aircraft e.t.c and clicked Fly Now, it froze. I tried this again and the odd time it came up but it wouldn't let me even adjust the flaps. I had a go on it today and I managed to get The A321 in the air but not for long. The creators of FSX have put too much scenery in and forgot about how the stupid thing was going to work or not. I thought FSX was supposed to be better than all the others, but I thing it's absolutley c***. 😞[/code]

BigChiefDan Guest

I was so excited about having FSX on my PC. The installation went great, but as soon as I selected my aircraft e.t.c and clicked Fly Now, it froze. I tried this again and the odd time it came up but it wouldn't let me even adjust the flaps. I had a go on it today and I managed to get The A321 in the air but not for long. The creators of FSX have put too much scenery in and forgot about how the stupid thing was going to work or not. I thought FSX was supposed to be better than all the others, but I thing it's absolutley c***. 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

BigChiefDan wrote:

I was so excited about having FSX on my PC. The installation went great, but as soon as I selected my aircraft e.t.c and clicked Fly Now, it froze. I tried this again and the odd time it came up but it wouldn't let me even adjust the flaps. I had a go on it today and I managed to get The A321 in the air but not for long. The creators of FSX have put too much scenery in and forgot about how the stupid thing was going to work or not. I thought FSX was supposed to be better than all the others, but I thing it's absolutley c***. 😞

Give us your full system specs.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...