Define: Pilot Heat

Pro Member First Officer
Dan Young (dannyboy2005) First Officer

Hello.

i was wondering, what does Pilot heat do? i can't seem to find it on wikipedia or google?

ta!

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Your spelling it wrong!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitot

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

ah ha, Ta!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Danny, here's your Signature. Put the boxed are into your Profile.

[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j222/micky_mouse007/shitbanner.jpg[/img]

Pro Member First Officer

I have, still no luck :@. I have the "Show Sig" option switched on in my settings too!

Ta any way.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

That's the right code(as you see below). It's a little tricky, I couldn't get it to work at first either. Put it in again by typing [img] then paste in the code, then [/img]. It should work.

Pro Member First Officer

i have done EXATLY as you said, and in the Quote is the EXACT Same code as u posted.

Ta!

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

I think it is pitot heat not pilot heat that you are asking about. I also made this mistake, but read more closely and found out.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

mossy wrote:

I think it is pitot heat not pilot heat that you are asking about. I also made this mistake, but read more closely and found out.

Seven minutes after dannyboy2005 posted his query, Radarman already answered his question Doh!

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

yup but radarman only sed he was spelling it wrong. I tried to give further by giving him the correct spelling

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

mossy wrote:

yup but radarman only sed he was spelling it wrong. I tried to give further by giving him the correct spelling

Did you bother to click on the link Radarman provided?

I guess now I have to ask: Did you bother to read the article Radarman's link pointed to? Wall Bashing

Pro Member First Officer

Tailhok, i took advice for the link, no luck. RadarMan couldn't help me no more, Ta!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

dannyboy2005 wrote:

Tailhok, i took advice for the link, no luck. RadarMan couldn't help me no more, Ta!

If Radarman couldn't help you with 'Pilot heat' than that's due to the fact that Pilot heat is not part of any vocabulary.
Pitot heat on the other hand has a meaning in aviation and this has been pointed out to you on several occasions in this thread alone. If you can't be bothered reading up on this and thus answering your own initial question, then I suggest you join the rapidly growing club of those who prefer to grope in the dark rather than getting an answer to their questions.

Oh, the dark ages all over again.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Pitot heat- The pitot heat switch controls a small heating element contained within the pitot tube. This is used to prevent ice accumulation that would block the small opening of the pitot tube and cause the airspeed indicator to read zero in flight. Pitot heat is used when flying through visible moisture with a outside temperature(OAT) of 32 degrees/0 degrees centigrade or less. Jet aircraft normally fly with the pitot heat on at all times. 🙂

See Radarmans link for definition of Pitot tube.

Pro Member First Officer

Cheers mate

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Judging from this thread, our future generations are doomed.

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

Damn, I knew I was doing something wrong, I thought the pilot heat switch was the one you flicked, that then alerted the blonde stewerdess, that then came and sat on your knee, and got you all hot and bothered, Read , no Dont Know .

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...