Pitot heat

CP16 Guest

Hi
I would like to know what is the Pitot heat and when I should use that.
Thanks

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/airplane/pitot.html
A Pitot Tube measures air velocity and is named after the guy who invented it. It tells you how fast you are going. You can see it on aircraft sticking out of the side of the nose.

Heat is applied to the tube in cold conditions where there is moisture present in order to prevent it icing up and so the airpeed guage failing.

CP16 Guest

thanks
Other question; What is yaw damper and x feed ,and when I use that

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Good questions. I know what they do technically but can someone tell us how we'd use them in the Sim? I've never played with them.

Dave

CP16 Guest

And what are they?
thanks

Pro Member First Officer
rob (Habu) First Officer

Yaw damper dampens out any abrupt yaw as in assymetric thrust, etc, but also would limit rudder inputs at higher airspeeds. Xfeed is Fuel system. There can be a left and right fuel system. In the event that there's a fuel failure in one of the fuel manifolds/or a boost pump failure/ or to even out fuel weight from left to right side of aircraft, the xfeed valve can be used to transfer fuel or run left engines on right fuel system, etc ...rob

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...