how to get sound on older aircraft in flitsim x

rsglo Guest

Hello,
I am a novice to message boards, but I wanted to see if anyone could help me with a problem in fsx.
I have used the great planes created by Rey Lopez in the past two simulators, so now I have bought fsx.
When I load his B47 into fsx, it works great, but their are no sounds except for the Atc sounds. Has anyone found the cause for this.
I made some changes that were recommended at the Avsim forum to increase the fps and they work tremendously well.
Despite the bugginess of fsx (Everything new from Microsoft comes with bugs at no extra charge.) , everything else still works well and normally. This includes the sounds of the other aircraft.
My email to Rey Lopez has gone unanswered, so I am looking elsewhere for answers.
May be a config file problem. I only know about adding aircraft to msfs's different versions and not much about editing the various files.
Someone's help would be appreciated.
steve
sglover8@carolina.rr.com or this post.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The only B47s I can find are textures for the Alphasim payware. Textures don't come with sounds.

Can you be more specific? Besides, I doubt that any B47s have been developed yet for FSX - especially not by Rey Lopez.

tutmeister@codethirteen.c Guest

He's on about adding an FS9 aircraft to FSX FYI.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

tutmeister@codethirteen.c wrote:

He's on about adding an FS9 aircraft to FSX FYI.

You don't say...

When I load his B47 into fsx, it works great, but their are no sounds except for the Atc sounds. Has anyone found the cause for this.

😁

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Getting back on topic. I am going to assume that you copied the entire folder for the B47 in to FSX.

Look at its aircraft.cfg A few lines from the top, you should see a line that says sound=. If there is anything after the =, that is the source of the problem. Most likely, it points to files that aren't in FSX.

If not, I don't know what else to suggest.

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

You might try downloading a generic sound(s) and install it to FSX. There are some appropriate jet sounds, etc. to download at Fly Away. You might also copy the sound from any of the jets that are packaged with FSX.

x pilot Guest

hi there, why not copy and paste the default 747 sound folder into your new addon...

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

Not so realistic, but it will get you sound. If the B-47 download did not have a sound file with it, there are downloads out there specifically for B-47.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...