FSX playing great on laptop!

Having purchased a Sony Vaio AR11S (I know, I know...the AR21 came out a week later!) I was eager to try out FSX on it.
I can only write what I see, and (using FRAPS to check FPS) with everything set to high and at fullscreen I get between 17 & 23fps.
I do have target fps set to 31. And only get that over the sea which looks fantastic!
Its a new computer so hasn't been bogged down with too many other progs yet, so can only suggest that this maybe where the problem begins for most people, off to do some tweaking now and find a happy medium.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

👏 That's great, fly over New York city with the vehicle traffic set to 100% and the autogen set to high and let us know how it does. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Its a new computer so hasn't been bogged down with too many other progs yet, so can only suggest that this maybe where the problem begins for most people, off to do some tweaking now and find a happy medium.

Good to hear you're getting such a smooth run. I have a feeling you might be right with your assumption that too many PCs are bogged down with apps especially during installation of FSX.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...