SearchSearch 

Share your FS Stories:

Jamie4590 Guest

😂

I'm sure they would have the attitude of 'Oh well never mind but don't do it again ok'! 😂

I have a mental block with lowering the gear and several landings have been ruined because of this. Do any aircraft have an audio warning/gong when the aircraft is below a certain altitude with the gear up?

5 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

Hey Jamie I know the baron has a horn that sounds when you select idle power with out the gear down.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

i would imagine they do have warnings 😉

I was flying from Chicago to St Louis but I was so used to long flights that I forget to descend! I realized this about 40 nm late and tried to make up for lost time by dropping about 3000ft/min. But I was still 4000 feet too high at the airport.

murjax Guest

Last night I tried to go on a FS Passengers (demo) flight while flying multiplayer. Bad idea. Everyone was at the same airport as me and they kept crashing into me while taxing and they did it like 5 times. Somebody even crashed into me just after I got off the ground. Mad After I got flying at last, the flight was good until I started my approch. I put the landing gear down too early and the broke off. Then I put my flaps down too early and I lost them too and everything lead me to crash into the ocean. 😞 So last night was bad but I learned never to fly FSP when I am doing multiplayer. Yes

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Jamie4590 wrote:

Do any aircraft have an audio warning/gong when the aircraft is below a certain altitude with the gear up?

You should try the Project Fokker F100 then, when you set flaps to 45 and you don't lower the gear there's a continuous audible warning. Promise you wont ever land gear-up again 😂 (it's a very annoying warning)