My Traffic X Performance Issues

Pro Member Trainee
mickwill Trainee

Hi All,

I currently have Ultimate Traffic installed in FS9, and I have also noticed a performance hit when using it. I have no intention of migrating into FSX.

I have looked at World of AI, and it's a bit cumbersome to install.

So the other alternative is My Traffic X. Has anyone got this running in FSX? I'd like to know if it's worth the money before splashing out.

(New sound card and graphics card should be here Monday)

Thanks

Mick

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Link to it please. that's one I never heard of.
Traffic 2005 is now out for FSX but Ultimate Traffic isn't ready yet ( I have the FS9 version).
http://www.justflight.com/faqs.asp?drdProduct=70&downloadCommunityID=3&supportProductName=Traffic%202005#FAQ187

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
mickwill Trainee

Here you go. It is also available as a download...

http://www.simw.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=dsp_product_details&pid=1710

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

mickwill wrote:

Here you go. It is also available as a download...

http://www.simw.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=dsp_product_details&pid=1710

Nice, it has quite a bit for the money.

I'll wait and see if UT has a patch or an upgrade price, if not I like this, it has military which UT didn't have.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Pro-Sim First Officer

I've just bought it but haven't yet used it !!

I was a bit cautious at first as it's the first Traffic add-on supposedly optimised for FSX (Just Flight Traffic 2005 has been patched but it's quite a workaround and lot's of patch files are needed from the Just Flight site).

Will let you know when I try out My Traffic X on Sunday.

😀

Pro Member Trainee
mickwill Trainee

And did it work?

Thanks

Mick

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

I'd be interested in a review of this as well whilst my finger is hovering over the buy button... 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
Bill White (Munroman) Trainee

I puchased My Traffic X and sincerely regret having parted with my hard earned cash Sad

Having used Traffic 2005 with fs9 I downloaded the patch for FSim X. When I went to install the patch it wanted to uninstall my fs9 installation of Traffic 2005 first. I'm nothing like ready to ditch fs9 yet so I declined the offer.

I had seen the ads etc. for My Traffic X and not wanting to be without AI Traffic I fell for the advertising spin and bought the product.

The installation involves a few manual steps. While these are not a problem to anyone used to editing config files etc.. for the inexperienced there could be problems. Once installed if the package requires any tweeking (and believe me it does) this requires leaving your PC running for several hours (the software author recomends leaving your pc running overnight or while you are at work) to compile the required Traffic bgl files. It is a nightmare!

Anyway I successfuly installed My Traffic X only to find that while there were plenty of stationary aircraft there were very, very few moving. The aircraft in the package were not particulary pleasing to look at either.

I was sorely dissapointed!

In the end I did what I should have done - sat and thought about how to install the Traffic 2005 patch without uninstalling my version in fs9. I managed to do this and now have loads of lovely AI Traffic at all my airports Smile

My personal recomendations are NOT to purchase My Traffic X. Have a look at the My Traffic X forum - see for yourself some of the problems users are having.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Just reading those forums is like a nightmare 😳

Thanks for the warning Munroman!

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

Many thanks - I'll steer clear and wait till Just Flight release their new version of Traffic 2005

Pro Member Trainee
mickwill Trainee

I have purchased My Traffic X and am quite pleased with the result.

It took about 45 Minutes on my machine to complie the files, and at 75% traffic levels I'm having to queue to take off!

Much better than UT that I was using, it's not such a resource hog.

I'm using an AMD FX55 CPU, Soundblaster X-Fi Music, ASUS 7900GTX 512MB graphics card and get about 20FPS with detail set to medium, no autogen.

I was surprised to be buzzed by a Harrier at FL320 whilst fying toward Munich from EGCC.

My two penneth worth

JoergenVSteel Guest

Hi is there some direct help on how to get this product working, its a real nightmare and i have no idea what im doing?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...