Useful Links for US flights

I found these two links which help you put together real life flight plans. You can get arrival procedures (STARs) and departures (DPs or SIDs) from myairplane.com. You can also get high-level and low-level charts. The charts are broken into sections - 'h' for high level and 'L' for low level flights. Los Angeles would be in h4. Chicago would be in h5.

Simroutes.com will give you the real life routes used by the participating ARTCCSs (Air Route Traffic Control Centers). These are much more logical than the routes generated by my current FS-2002 which seem goofy at times. I think they are generated by the sim program itself, and do not come from a stored database of real flights. Maybe this has changed with newer releases. Anyway, it's more fun and educational to put together your own flights and know that this is what the real pilots are using.

http://www.simroutes.com/fb2/showplans.aspx

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

👍

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Thanks, nice links. 👍

😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...