Find my way around airport?

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

I am flying Radar Contact now, but RC does not support progressive taxi, how can I find my taxiways to go to the runway? I tried to use top view of the airport Ctrl+S, but this vew usually doesnt cover the end of runways, so still dont know where the assigned runway is.....any help?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

you need an airport diagram, you can get them at myairplane.com and airnav.com personally i print them out so i can use them in the future

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Try this:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=airport+chart+viewer&CatID=root

(Bottom link of that page)

It gives you a map of the taxiways and their callsigns with an icon depicting your location at the airport. Very useful utility 😉

Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

When the ATC tells u what rwy to go to, just look at ur taxi way letters like if it says taxi to rwy 3 via taxiway B, u look where is b and then you folow it, or other way, witch i learned in my flying school, when its says the rwy number like rwy 30, look at the heading indicator, and look for 300 heading, then just trying to find the rwy wher its facing that way. i hope i helped u.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

tiger7881 wrote:

When the ATC tells u what rwy to go to, just look at ur taxi way letters like if it says taxi to rwy 3 via taxiway B, u look where is b and then you folow it, or other way, witch i learned in my flying school, when its says the rwy number like rwy 30, look at the heading indicator, and look for 300 heading, then just trying to find the rwy wher its facing that way. i hope i helped u.

Radar Contact doesn't do that.

Either go to www.airnav.com or www.myairplane.com, type in the airport, and print the diagram.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...