*******Adding an FS9 aircraft to FSX*******

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Adding an FS9 aircraft to FSX

If you add a FS9 aircraft to FSX and want a thumbnail to appear in the menu just take a screenshot, resize it to 256X128 (or smaller) and load it into the Texture folder of that aircraft.
It's show up in the menu just as the default do.

Answers 24 Answers

Jump to latest
Batrakio Guest

do all fs2004 planes work in fsx>?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Batrakio wrote:

do all fs2004 planes work in fsx>?

Absolutely NOT. As mother used to say: Don't play with fire! 😉

Panpanpan Guest

What needs to be done to convert FS9 aircraft (and or FS2004 a/c) to run in FSX? 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Panpanpan wrote:

What needs to be done to convert FS9 aircraft (and or FS2004 a/c) to run in FSX? 😕

They all seem to have a gauge problem. Some worse than others.

Pro Member Trainee
LorentheBeaver Trainee

But how do you accually add a 2004 aircraft into fsx...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

LorentheBeaver wrote:

Follow the read-me and this link.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

The aircraft folder is now in the simobjects folder.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

The gauge problem comes in 2 forms
1st FSX cant find the gauge-This is because the gauge is in the FS9 folder,if you know exactly which gauge it is try coping it to FSX

2nd The gauge is simply not compatable with FSX(most fs9 gauges started life as an fs6 gauge and have been reworked)

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

having some major problems getting FS9 aircraft to work. not only do the gauges not work ( worked this one out) but i'm getting both fsx addon aircraft and fs9 aircraft goming out all chrome including the glass, i think this may be graphics card related but if it isn't does anyone else have the same problems?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

dl295 wrote:

having some major problems getting FS9 aircraft to work. not only do the gauges not work ( worked this one out) but i'm getting both fsx addon aircraft and fs9 aircraft goming out all chrome including the glass, i think this may be graphics card related but if it isn't does anyone else have the same problems?

Your right, it's your card. You need either a better one or new drivers, try the drivers first.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
dl295 Trainee

a new card fixed the problem,

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

dl295 wrote:

a new card fixed the problem,

Way to go! Glad it worked!

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Greyson Bassett (greystone) Trainee

Mike Stone, who has an excellent website to DL aircraft (free) for FS9 has decided against updating his planes for FSX. Mike says Microsoft changed the rules on him and it is not as easy as he had hoped. Read his announcement here:

http://www.pmstone.com/news.html

Thought all you add-on developers out there might like to comment.

Pro Member Trainee
CAFedm Trainee

The link to Mr. Stone's site mentions something interesting, namely about textures. I ran into the same problem with my own creations, e.g., any parts not assigned a texture will simply show up as black. Revamping my own (single) project for use in FSX has been a work-in-progress since FSX was released; although mine involves a thorough re-tweaking, I can not imagine having to modify a large number of projects to get them all to display properly, as had been mentioned in the above-noted link. That, plus the landing-light issue (which I am still stuggling to figure out), brings to mind "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I am impressed with the features FSX has and the promise it offers, but it just seems overly complicated as to the changes that have been made that will need to be taken into consideration by developers.

Pro Member Trainee
Dexter58 Trainee

I just updated to FSX and got two down loads. SR71 and a vintage seaplane. They both work great.... Now I'm waiting for my new yoke and having fun... I'm hooked... 😂

Guest Guest

RadarMan wrote:

LorentheBeaver wrote:

Follow the read-me and this link.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

The aircraft folder is now in the simobjects folder.

Radar

U cant since the ai codes r different

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor First Officer

yea a lot of people are 😀 😀

Pro Member Trainee
FlatheadSmith Trainee

Dexter58
When you downloaded the SR71 did the gauges work correctly?
I did the download on the SR71 and I don't have gauges, what did I do wrong? I can go fast like H___ but I don't know where, direct, or how high I am!

torad Guest

I was trying to get FS2004 planes to FSX and all are funkcioning well, except gauges. So i'm replacing it with defalut FSX gauges in panel.cfg . but now i need some specialized one... so i loked into SDK (i'm not from english speking country), but don't understand it so well to be able to convert it. Can somebody help me?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

torad wrote:

I was trying to get FS2004 planes to FSX and all are funkcioning well, except gauges. So i'm replacing it with defalut FSX gauges in panel.cfg . but now i need some specialized one... so i loked into SDK (i'm not from english speking country), but don't understand it so well to be able to convert it. Can somebody help me?

I can't help you with the SDK -- way too complicated for a simple mind like mine 😀

While you are waiting for someone who actually knows how to use the SDK to come along, you could always simply alias some of the default panels to your imported aircraft. Example: for the MD-11s or The DC-10s I use the default 737 0r 777 panels. Obviously for small GA aircraft you would be looking at the default Beech Baron -King Air etc.
The beauty about this is that you don't have to mess with gauges. If the panel you've aliased doesn't work to your satisfaction, change the 'alias' to another 'alias'.

Torad Guest

I can't help you with the SDK -- way too complicated for a simple mind like mine 😀

While you are waiting for someone who actually knows how to use the SDK to come along, you could always simply alias some of the default panels to your imported aircraft. Example: for the MD-11s or The DC-10s I use the default 737 0r 777 panels. Obviously for small GA aircraft you would be looking at the default Beech Baron -King Air etc.
The beauty about this is that you don't have to mess with gauges. If the panel you've aliased doesn't work to your satisfaction, change the 'alias' to another 'alias'.

Yes, i'm doing exactly this, but unfortunetly (for me😀) , i most enjoy flying on virtual cocpit. For example Posky A330. It is allready done with in version for FSX, with defalut panel on A321. so i downloaded VC model and gauges. After that i was playing for log time with panel.cfg and finaly i replaced all of these gauges with FSX defalut. But i can change only type of it, and A330 has very comlicated VC definition. So for example when i wand to change smth in autopilot, i must turn on main panel. After all it's still beter to fly on VC. If you want i can send you a screenshot.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm not sure if I understand you or if I understand the connection/interaction between VC and 2D completely.
I always thought that if you use a gauge or switch in a clickable VC it would relay the command to the 2D. So, if you use an fs9 VC, it wouldn't possibly be able to access a current (non-XML) gauge for FSX, considering that the VC is an integrated part of the model. But I'm willing to learn in case I've got it all wrong.

Yes Torad, post a screenshot or two or three - might help us to see what you've come up with Hack

😀

Torad Guest

In VC and 2d panel are the same gauges. In VC they have 4 or 5 coordinates, in 2d panel only 2. but i wasnt able to replace original Autopilot gauge, or, i was able, but it wasn't functioning. So when i'm flying i must go to 2d cocpit when i want to descent, or slow down. Write me an email, i'll send you screens by mail. (toradnic@seznam.cz)

Eric Buchmann Guest

If anyone needs a plane adapted from FS2004, im an expert and i do it for a living. Visit www.freewebs.com/fsxaddons for information!!! i hope you enjoy.

Pro Member Trainee
Kc (puppy-paw) Trainee

wow im going to use that info right know thank you all very much!!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...