error 1305

guest Guest

I just bought the game and on very first install i got an error 1305 message saying a certain texture file is missing. Can anyone help me with this

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
guest Guest

"Error 1305. Error reading from file C:\Microsoft Fligh Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\VEH_Air_Forklift_Yellow_lm.dds. Verify tjat the file exists and that you can access it"

this is the exact message i am getting

Pro Member Trainee
ColdBlooded Trainee

I got a number of 1305 errors while installing my copy of Flight Simulator X deluxe edition. I managed to resolve them =P

When you get that error, open your Disc drive and leave it open for 10secs. Put the disc back in then wait 3 secs for it to load.

Then hit the retry button and it will pass that file.

Repeat this step if error 1305 occurs again. It took me 2hours to install my copy successfully.

Hope this helps.

guest Guest

cheers.

ill see if this works after i finish watching top gear lol

ill let you know how it went

Pro Member Trainee
ColdBlooded Trainee

No problem.

Pro Member Trainee
legos4me Trainee

Has anyone found a reliable resolution to "Error 1305" that is received after completing the installation of DVD #2? Thanks.

-Joe

ggyoung Guest

Spent hours trying everything suggested. Spent hours with Microsoft. No luck. Tried uninstalling AdSubtract. Success! Hope this helps someone.

GGyoung Guest

ggyoung wrote:

Spent hours trying everything suggested. Spent hours with Microsoft. No luck. Tried uninstalling AdSubtract. Success! Hope this helps someone.

I just realized I also uninstalled AdAware, so I'm not sure which of these programs was the culprit.

Berlopez Guest

😀 I too had the same issue, Grrr.
I was already going to return it. but in the end decided to clean the disc with a CD-ROM/CD solution and that did the trick, got past the Error and finally managed to install and activate 😀 Turns aout the disc did have afew scratches near the edge, this solution covers the scratches and allows the lens to read.

My next question is, If I may post it here,
How does one turn on instrument lights on V/C It's preatty dark in here??

Berlopez wrote:

😀 I too had the same issue, Grrr.
I was already going to return it. but in the end decided to clean the disc with a CD-ROM/CD solution and that did the trick, got past the Error and finally managed to install and activate 😀 Turns aout the disc did have afew scratches near the edge, this solution covers the scratches and allows the lens to read.

My next question is, If I may post it here,
How does one turn on instrument lights on V/C It's preatty dark in here??

I just checked all the planes, not all have dark cockpits, that is the instruments are not lit? 😞

Thank you ColdBlooded.

aaditya Guest

the guy, who commented on the second or the third posting telling to open the drive and keep it for 10 seconds and bla bla bla, is am AMAZING PERSON, GUYS IT WORKS, DO IT THAT WAY. I'll just lay it out accordingly.-
1) IF you're getting error 1305, open the disk drive.
2) Keep it there for ten seconds.
3) Put the disk in, and after it reads it, hit retry.
4)Voila! It works. Wink

EPasha Guest

Plus 1 about above comment. Open CDROM. Wait 10 secs. Close and hit retry. Works great. Thanks

somerandomperson Guest

i have tried the open disk drive thing multiple times and it dosnt work for me ❓ ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

somerandomperson wrote:

i have tried the open disk drive thing multiple times and it dosnt work for me ❓ ❗

See if this helps you.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-gaming/flight-simulator-x-error-1305/1155e92c-4ce8-4cf4-b7a7-66535cbf3c4d

Radar

FSXGAMER Guest

the person that said that you need to take the disc out for 10 secs and then retry is AMAZING! THANKS IT WORKS 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...