Favourite Film

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

whats yer favourite film?
Mine is Goodbye Lenin directed by Wolfgang Becker. It is excellent and I hope you all see it because it is excellent.
and yours?

Answers 24 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

my top 5 would be:

#1: Lonesome Dove

#2: Dr. No

#3: Goldfinger

#4: Broken Trail

#5: Backdraft

Guest Guest

Terminator 2 Judgement day

Nightmare on Elm Street

HellRaiser

Braveheart

🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

Last of the Mohicans
Gladiator
When were Soldiers
Braveheart (afterall i am scottish)

Last edited by Tartanaviation on Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

BRAVEHEART!!!!

thats the one i couldnt think of!!!!

oh heres another one i forgot about...

Censored i forgot again.

Guest Guest

Tartanaviation wrote:

Last of the Mohicans
Gladiator
When were Soldiers
Braveheart (afterall i am scottish)

I'm english, but I could'nt back the evil king edward 🙂

The first battle field scene sterling bridge was historically inaccruate because the english were cut to pieces by the scots as they crossed over the bridge.If the english had mobilised in battle formation like in the film then it would probably have been a different story for the Scots. Its only a film I suppose, so it don't matter that much.

The Great Escape
Stalag 17

squawk1200 Guest

AIRPLANE

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

squawk1200 wrote:

AIRPLANE

👍 👍

"What kind of plane is it?"
"Oh, it's a big pretty white plane with red stripes, curtains in the windows and wheels and it just looks like a big Tylenol."

More "Airplane!" quotes - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080339/quotes

😎

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Zulu (after all i'm Welsh)

The Battle of Britain(after all i'm British)

The Dambusters (" " " " )

We were Soldiers (after all i class Americans as my colonial cousins)

Saving Private Ryan( " " " " " " " " " )

The John Ford Cavalry trilogy starring John Wayne.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The Tuskegee Airmen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Airmen
🙂

Last edited by CRJCapt on Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total
Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

CRJCapt, i forgot about that one, that was a great film!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

All three Lord of the Rings.

Close behind those are:

King Arthur
Braveheart
Gladiator
V for Vendeta
Unbreakable

EDIT: How could I have forgotten the DaVinci Code, which I just got the DVD for, today?!?!

Last edited by CrashGordon on Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

To Kill a Mockingbird
2001 A Space Odessey
Monty Python's The Holy Grail
Dr Strangelove
Alien......to name but a few. 😎

Pro Member First Officer
simon roourke (simon123) First Officer

My favourite film of all time is called FIRE IN THE SKY. its a true strorie

It’s about some chap who worked as t tree chopper him and has work mates at the end of the day they was on there way home when they see a bright light in the sky. So they went for a close look. One decided to get to close has was taken by aliens. He was gone for 4 days he came back and was naked; they all thought they were lieing. So they all took a lie detector test and passed, it’s a great film.

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

I can't believe no one has mentioned Apocalypse now ! That has to be my all time favourite film. After that its Band of brothers, and Munich

7dream8liner7 Guest

1-Shawshank Redemption
2-Saving Private Ryan
3-Forrest Gump
4-Spider Man 2
5-Tommy Boy

Warden Samuel Norton: I believe in two things: discipline and the Bible. Here you'll receive both. Put your trust in the Lord; your ass belongs to me. Welcome to Shawshank.

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

Shawshank was a great movie aswell love that quote

Pro Member First Officer
simon roourke (simon123) First Officer

yes Band of brothers great watch it all the time!!
love it,

Pro Member Chief Captain

simon123 wrote:

My favourite film of all time is called FIRE IN THE SKY. its a true strorie

It’s about some chap who worked as t tree chopper him and has work mates at the end of the day they was on there way home when they see a bright light in the sky. So they went for a close look. One decided to get to close has was taken by aliens. He was gone for 4 days he came back and was naked; they all thought they were lieing. So they all took a lie detector test and passed, it’s a great film.

It all supposedly happened near Snowflake, Arizona... about 30 miles from where I lived for 10 years. It is regarded by the locals as a joke.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Can't believe i didn't include Band of Brothers, i have the boxset and have watched it through twice so far.
Crashgordon, is Fire in the Sky really considered a joke in your parts and is Travis considered a liar( probably would be around here too come to think of it. Does'nt mean it's not true though. After all scientists say alien life does'nt exist because there is no scientific proof. But how many people believe in god? There is no scientific proof of that either!). I should probably be on a different forum for this one .Sorry!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Crashgordon, is Fire in the Sky really considered a joke in your parts and is Travis considered a liar( probably would be around here too come to think of it. Does'nt mean it's not true though. After all scientists say alien life does'nt exist because there is no scientific proof. But how many people believe in god? There is no scientific proof of that either!). I should probably be on a different forum for this one .Sorry!

The folks in the area regard it as a hoax and think the story was concocted for financial gain. Considering that it is an area where a fair number of people believe the governmentent is spying on them with the so-called "black helecopters", it isn't that the idea of strange happenings is always ruled out by them.

Actually, scientists say that there is no proof to support the existance of alien life. That is considerably different than saying it doesn't exist.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

I stand corrected Crash, i wonder if he made much out of the book and movie, etc.

7dream8liner7 Guest

I forgot to add my favorite trilogies:

The Original Star Wars Trilogy
The Back to the Future Trilogy

Pro Member Trainee
punko Trainee

1: Harold and Kumar go to white casttle !! yesss sir!
2: Home Alone
3: Accepted
4: Wedding Crashers
5: Oceans Eleven

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...