science project ideas...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

hello everyone my school science fair is coming up and it is a required grade.

I need some ideas on what i could do...something with areodynamics possibly?...

one of my ideas was to find the best aircraft wing.... as in the aircraft wing that is better areodynamically set, smoothest and what not.

anyway i would love to hear some ideas

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain
Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

a model wing with ribbons on and blow a fan at it and show how lift is created. We don't have science fairs so i don't really know what it entails but there is my idea.

Guest Guest

Could get a C172 in FSX and do a loop to loop

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

2 options

"Do birds really explode if you feed them baking soda?"

or

"Petrol water bottle rocket with an office water dispenser bottle"

7dream8liner7 Guest

If you are doing something aerodynamic that involves lift and need to measure the lift you could put the plane on a scale, see the weight; then blow some air on it with a fan and see how much lighter it is.
I saw this on Mythbusters... one of the coolest shows ever.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

Mythbusters is pretty cool...

Back on topic, aerodynamics would be pretty hard to test stuff on. Perhaps instead of the best wing, do the best propeller, and see which size/shape creates the most pulling force. Heck I dont know 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

I dont know what im going to do either...... but its manditory and ive got to find something...

maybe ill do something with Firearms? 🙄

Guest Ed Guest

A couple of the posters touched on a key idea in science: measurement. Think about how you will MEASURE whatever it is you want to test. Instead of testing every kind of wing/propellor/widget and saying "This one is best," come up with a clever way to measure every kind of wing/propellor/widget. Use a fish scale, pulleys, springs, a laser, smoke and mirrors, whatever, and come with a novel measurement technique. Test it in a few different configurations, and plot the results. That's really how science is done.

Ed

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...