Flight Sim X stutters too much

Guest Guest

I am so fed up that Microsoft have the nerve too release one of the worst optimised software ever. FSX is suppose to be an improvement over 2004, but this just is'nt the case. The 2004 version worked fine, but FSX is like watching a slide show. If I was wanted a slide show I would have bought a selection of plane photos. Microsoft should not have released terrible software and they should feel guilty.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Guest Guest

I have an idea that everyone should refuse to buy FSX Nope

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

Yup it is all their fault and nothing to do with your system.

How DARE they upgrade their software to use more modern hardware.

Listen to yourself! 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Hey random guest, ever hear of common sense?

Guest Guest

My specs are

Windows XP
Pentium 4 2.2Ghz
512MB of Ram
Nvidia 6200

My system meets the specs, so its microsofts fault Evil or Very Mad

Pro Member Trainee
mat3329 Trainee

I dont know why but I dont have any problems with my FSX. So I dont think it's Microsoft's fault that your systems aren't working. The specs required are usually the one you need to run the game at it's minimum settings. If you want to max you game settings, expect your PC to work harder to keep up. So if you barely meet the games specs, obviously the game wont run at it's best when you raise the graphics. Like I said, I dont have any problems running my game becaue I set my game so it doesn't over-work my PC. So really the complaining should to your wallet to get yourself a better maching to play the game. Also dont multitask while playing, would improve your experience.

Pro Member First Officer
Matt (mattdean) First Officer

Guest wrote:

My specs are

Windows XP
Pentium 4 2.2Ghz
512MB of Ram
Nvidia 6200

Your specs are actually pretty bad for running FSX on.

I'd say you need at least a gig of RAM before even attempting to play FSX.

Better start saving your pocket money matey. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Guest wrote:

My specs are

Windows XP
Pentium 4 2.2Ghz
512MB of Ram
Nvidia 6200

Your system meets the minimum specs. The fault is entirely yours for not understanding that optimum performance will not be achieved using what by today's standards is crappy hardware.

This MS is to blame because my computer is garbage, posting is an utter waste of time.

AustDude78 Guest

It runs like absolute crappola on my computer also. I can hardly run it in the lowest resolutions and I am running the following:

- Dual core Athlon 4200+
- Geforce 7900 GTX
- 2 Gig DDR2 ram
- 7200 rpm SATA drive

Flight Sim X is rubbish, dont get it unless your computer was brought back in time from the year 2010.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

AustDude78 wrote:

It runs like absolute crappola on my computer also. I can hardly run it in the lowest resolutions and I am running the following:

- Dual core Athlon 4200+
- Geforce 7900 GTX
- 2 Gig DDR2 ram
- 7200 rpm SATA drive

Flight Sim X is rubbish, dont get it unless your computer was brought back in time from the year 2010.

Wrong. ❗ You have probably a bad organized system or something goes wrong.
My PC is close or in a lower level than yours and i run FSX decently.

The prove ➡
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/22327/first-fsx-shots/

No offence to you of course. 😉

Guest Guest

AustDude78 wrote:

Spot on

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

Guest wrote:

AustDude78 wrote:

Spot on

But he's not as it works fine for me and a lot of others
It's getting really boring now this issue

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

AustDude78 wrote:

- Dual core Athlon 4200+
- Geforce 7900 GTX
- 2 Gig DDR2 ram
- 7200 rpm SATA drive

Look, I am running it on a Dell Dimension 3000 with a P4 2.8 GHz, 512 MB RAM (128 MB shared with Intel onboard GFX).

True, I have turned the autogen and traffic off, but if you are having major trouble running it on your machine, it is seriously screwed up. There are people here with equal or lesser machines doing quite well with FSX.

The category of your post is, "I don't know how to set things up properly, so I'll blame the software". 🙄

Pro Member Trainee
Chat01 Trainee

AustDude78 wrote:

- Dual core Athlon 4200+
- Geforce 7900 GTX
- 2 Gig DDR2 ram
- 7200 rpm SATA drive

I don't get it??? ❓

I'm running a lesser system and not having any trouble with FSX.
Granted I have autogen set to zero, road vehicles set to zero and water effects set low. The rest I have set to medium to medium high and Im getting 18 to 25 fps.
I've added some cfg file tweaks that seemed to help and am happy.

FS9 in no longer on my system. 😉

Here be my question why is everyone arguing when Microsoft has already fessed up and said they screwed up parts of the game. They are going to release two patches in 2007. My computer is just as good as any other one out there and the game runs smooth but there is alot missing talking about patches of ground look like messed up water and some airports don't show up in multiplayer. Things like this piss me off but if your patient patches will come and games will get better. Remeber after the fs9 patch the game did get better. Love Peace and chicken grease my friends. Idea

Pro Member First Officer
lds_soldier First Officer

¿Want a little cheese with that whine?

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/20803/will-my-pc-run-fsx/

lds_soldier wrote:

I bought FSX Deluxe and now run almost everything at full. If you're looking to get a new system, try something like this.

Motherboard: ECS GF6100
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core
RAM: 1024MB DDR2 800
Graphics Card: GeForce 7300 GTX 256MB
Hard Drive: 250GB SATA2 (also have a ROCK 300 GB external HD)
Monitor: 19" Envision HD Widescreen Digital
Case: JPAC 412 Black Steel
CD/DVD: Pioneer DVR-110 DBK 16X DVD/CD Burner
Keyboard: Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech MX-518 Gaming Mouse
Flight Controls: Saitek X52 Flight Control System
Pedals: Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Appx. Total Cost: $1300.00

This is a custom built system by a good friend, I can't guarantee that you could get the same price.

Happy Flying

29 FPS over NYC...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...