FSX Scenery Patch Out

Running Guest

And from all the bugs I can think off, they decided to fix this:

Certain highly-detailed scenery add-ons that make use of large satellite images may not display correctly in Flight Simulator X. Specifically, you’ll notice large rectangular areas that are black or dark blue, where the proper ground texture does not draw at all.

O well the good news is that there are people working on FSX to fix bugs.
Now I'll just have to wait for a fix for the bugs that matter to me.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
captainsimon Trainee

Are you sure that the above is a MS released patch? Where have they released it? Its not on the official MSFSX website yet.

I would hope MS are working on more important fixes than the above quote.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I can sense a very cryptic thread coming on. Help!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That's a rumor until I see a direct link.

Radar

Running Guest

ok fair enough.... here is the link:

http://fsinsider.com/Downloads/

Photo-Based Scenery Add-On Update
Certain highly-detailed scenery add-ons that make use of large satellite images may not display correctly in Flight Simulator X. Specifically, you’ll notice large rectangular areas that are black or dark blue, where the proper ground texture does not draw at all. Microsoft has confirmed this issue to be a bug in the Flight Simulator X terrain display engine. To resolve this issue, download and install the Flight Simulator X update for your

You can actually go there from inside FSX so I'm surprised you couldn't find it. Although I have to admit I don't know how long that download has been there. Maybe my mind is going numb and that thing has been laying there since the demo came out.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thank you, I know that you've helped out many others here.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

Thanks for informing all of us Running!

when I go to install the path it tells me that my current version of terrain.dll is more up-to-date! It is not! I have also in no way modified the dll, or any associated files.

PIA+ Guest

does it inclued pakistan scenery? Im a pilot for PIA Intl and so far there are no addons for pakistan.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...