Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

ATC

guest Guest

In fs 2004, i schedule waypoints and vors to fly to in the flight planner then i load the flight but when i am in the air atc does not vector it to me they vector me to the airport. What should i do?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

guest wrote:

In fs 2004, i schedule waypoints and vors to fly to in the flight planner then i load the flight but when i am in the air atc does not vector it to me they vector me to the airport. What should i do?

Normally, ATC only gives you radar vectors(RV), when you request them near the end of the flight. At other times, ATC will give you a RV for traffic separation. I don't think you can request RV to your course(in FS), just intercept the course on your own. 🙂

Guest Guest

thanks! 😀

Pro Member Trainee
Prozac919 Trainee

Another question. I use flight sim to keep up with my real-world instrument flying skills. Problem is, anytime I use ATC, I get vectored for an approach when I usually want to fly the full procedure for practice. Is there an option to fly a full procedure or should I continue to fly with 0% traffic and basically leave the radio turned off?

Guest Ed Guest

Prozac,

I think you need to do the latter. Just ignore ATC if you want to practice the full procedure.

Ed