737NG from PMDG

Xpilot Guest

Hi there,
Because nothing said in manuals,I'd like to ask how to open/close passenger and cargo doors in 737NG from PMDG??? 😕

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
patw First Officer

I will leave GPS Kid to answer that one as I know he does use it, I use the 737NG but not that function. You should get an answer soon as he pops in here most days.

I hope you are having alot of fun flying the NG as we thing its a fantastic aircraft.

Xpilot Guest

Ok,I hope he pops in soon 😀 yeah it's really cool to fly that bird,in the begining were few problems,but not anymore,for me the best stuff that I can fly star/sid,sad that I can't than make an IFR flight,cause I don't want that atc vector me 😂

Hey Folks,

The Passenger Door is opened by using the default control which is SHIFT+E...

Additionally, if you're flying the 737-700 model (ie... like the EasyJet), you can operate the excellent built in Stairs unit... but you need to assign some extra keys to do this... :-

- Do into the CONTROLS menu,
- Select ASSIGNMENTS
- Make sure you are on the KEYBOARD page (check tab at top of page)
- Scroll down all the FS key assignments until you find "Extend Concorde Nose".... chick on "Change Assignment" and then press CTRL+F10.. save this new assignment.
- Scroll down the FS Key assignments again until you come to "RETRACT CONCORDE NOSE", and this time change the assignment to CTRL+F9
- Save this....

Now get a 737-700 going, open the passenger door by pressing SHIFT+E, then pressCTRL+F10 and watch those stairs come out!

I don't think the Cargo doors are configured to work on the 737NG, but try hitting SHIFT+E, then quickly hit 2 ..... don't think it works though.

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Oops that last message was me, don't know why my cookie didn't log me in!

PS... If SHIFT+E doesn't open the passenger door for you, you may need to assign that as well... this is done in the same way as above. It should be set up ok though.

Xpilot Guest

Hi there,
Thanks for your answer,yeah probably I knew about doors,I wanted to know about cargo,and yes shift+E+2 doesn't work well.
Maybe you now other interesting things about 737NG?

Pro Member Captain

You may have noticed the VNAV mode, within the AutoPilot, and you may have noticed that it will not work.

This is because of certain fields within the FMC (Flight Management Computer), that need to be completed for it to work.

If they are completed correctly, the 737NG will manage it's own SPEEDS, and ALTITUDE throughout the flight.... (as well the Navigation that the LNAV AutoPilot mode manages).

TO get VNAV working, you need to populate the:-

- Zero Fuel Weight
- Cargo Weight
- Desired speeds and altitudes, within the CLB (climb), CRZ (cruize) and DES (Descent) pages.

I have managed to get this plane to complete a totally automated flight from Climb through to Final Approach... (The take-off roll needs to bew flown by hand of course, and also I have not AutoLanded the plane, I always disconnect the AutoPilot 500ft from landing).

Of course, if you set up the Navigation to be automatic like this, your course will not always agree with ATCs vectors that they have in mind for you....

.... I get around this by NOT tuning "Departure" ATC, immediately after take-off.... I get IFR clearance from ATC, I get permission to take-off and ascend, then I acknowledge the hand-off to "Departures" but do not tune it.... I am then free to use Navigation until I am outside of the Departure Airspace - from there, I can tune back into the next ATC point and by this time I am usually on course with the IFR Flight Plan, so ATC will not try to re-direct me.

Xpilot Guest

Yea,I am not so new to 737NG,so Vnav works and it's all right. 🙂 Ok,when you depart,you do so with ATC,what about descend?Cause if I am using VNAV path mode,plane will start descend automaticlly,but you know that.So to fly STAR you have to cancel IFR once again?otherwise you'll be vectored,and I've noticed another problem,in real life,pilots get information about expected runway to land even before they start STAR,but here in FS9 you can tune ATIS,only whne you're some 30 or 40 NM within airport,have had such problem? ❓

Pro Member Captain

Hi - When using STAR, I don't actually cancel the IFR, I just do not tune in the latest frequency, so as I get close to the Airport and I get handed-off to another ATC Controller, I just click 1 to acknowledge the ATC, then I don't click 1 again to tune in the Approach ATC.... (it's not hugely realistic to do this, but I do it because FS does not simulate SIDs and STARs)....

Then I land via the STAR, and once on the ground I click to tune GROUND ATC as normal.... and get my instructions to the Gate.

If you Cancel IFR, you would lose all ATC and so you wouldn't get GROUND assistance, to get you to the Gate.

Yes - You're right about the other problems regarding tuning ATIS only from 30 or 40nm - I do not think there is a way to get around that one!

Enjoy you're flying - I'm flying EasyJet (737-700) from London - Ljubljana (Slovenia) this evening.... so there. 😉

😉

Xpilot Guest

Hi,
I've just finished,I flew with SAS from Copenhagen(EKCH) to Riga(EVRA),cause I am from Riga 😀 ,ok I'll try this trick with ATC,but yeah,about ATIS it's problem,so you even don't know which runway to expect and so you can't choose right STAR for approach.I tried to fly at vatsim,I've intsalled all software,but the problem was,when I turned on Squawkbox,then for example minimaze FS9 window to board fuel,and than when I maximize back,I had only black screen and nothing more Mad cause I think fly on-line would be cool,real ATC with voice 😀 but something sucks 🙄
By the way,don't you know,are there any free software for a flight planing prior running FS,I mean that I could plan flight while I am not in FS? 😎 cause FS's flight planer not the best one 😂

Pro Member Captain

Hi XPilot,

Greetings from England to Latvia! I am hoping to visit the Baltic states next year and Riga is top of my list!

There are plenty of Flight Planning programs out there but I don't use them so I will need to let someone else suggest one to you... I always find the FS Flight Planner is ok for my needs, when you're flying something like the 737NG or the A340, all you really need out of it is the names of Waypoints for your route... but I agree the FS Planner is not very comprehensive when it comes to Terrain or Ground Detail.

Well I may try out my Bombardier CRJ this evening on a test flight from Riga to Tallin!

Pro Member First Officer
patw First Officer

FS Navigator is a good planner, you can get a patch that would save a flight plan that can be opened from within FMC of 737NG. I use to use that function but now I do all my flights via ATC instructed. The FS default planner will not get you on the approach for landing but FS Navigator will.

Xpilot Guest

Hi there,Riga to Tallin too short isn't it? 😀 And with bombardier,take Fokker F 50,this will be good for such flight,but ok,just joking 😎
To Patw😀oes FS Navigator works while you're in Windows,I mean,can I plan flight while I am in windows,not in FS?

Pro Member First Officer
patw First Officer

FS Navigator works with a direct link to FS, so you will have to start FS then press F9 to open the flight planner (so FS will only need to be open). Going for FS Navigator is a better option as it will get all its data from FS - Airports, Parking, waypoints and so on. I have been using FS Navigator for 3 years now and it is a better planner than the default planner that comes with FS.

check out:
(http://www.fsnavigator.com)

Pat

Anonymous wrote:

Additionally, if you're flying the 737-700 model (ie... like the EasyJet), you can operate the excellent built in Stairs unit... but you need to assign some extra keys to do this... :-

- Do into the CONTROLS menu,
- Select ASSIGNMENTS
- Make sure you are on the KEYBOARD page (check tab at top of page)
- Scroll down all the FS key assignments until you find "Extend Concorde Nose".... chick on "Change Assignment" and then press CTRL+F10.. save this new assignment.
- Scroll down the FS Key assignments again until you come to "RETRACT CONCORDE NOSE", and this time change the assignment to CTRL+F9
- Save this....

Now get a 737-700 going, open the passenger door by pressing SHIFT+E, then pressCTRL+F10 and watch those stairs come out!

If you have FSNAV installed (which makes use of the F9 key and other F9 Combinations), you may want to assign Retract Concorde Nose to F11.

F11 is left toe brake

I use fsbuild2 for flight planning, it's the payware version but fsbuild1 is available for free. www.fsbuild.com

It is used outside of MSFS but exports to various file formats. I have PMDG 737NG ans PSS A320 installed in both FS9 and FS2002 and it saves the plans in the right places ready to upload into the FMC when you're parked at the gate. Takes a bit of learning but it works great.

Check out the site for the complete supported apps list.
Glen Lee

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...