My FSX does not startup anymore

Pro Member Trainee
Chris Gomm (Gommy) Trainee

Yesterday evening i was happily enjoying a session of FSX, finished a flight and pressed Esc to finish up and return to the Menu screen etc.

Before i closed the program I thought id have a browse of my logbook when the program seemed to stall. After waiting a good 3-4 minutes i managed to close down the program and for peace of mind i tried to open the program again but now all i get is the FSX Introduction (Splash) screen and nothing else...

after waiting 10 minutes at times i only have the option to end the process through task manager on my desktop and try again....I have frantically re-booted, run anti-virus scans to no avail....

I have played my FSX trouble free nearly everyday since it came out and have successfully added textures and aircraft and other scenery addon software with no problem at all....i havent added anything for a few days so i dont think it could have been affected in that respect.....

I desperately need some help as i have no idea what could have happened. Im not sure if this has happened to anyone else but does anyone have a solution as to how i fix it?

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

Re-installing would be next on the list, but if you don't want to risk losing your add ons make a backup of them and just re add them to the correct file.

Pro Member Trainee
RMHebb Trainee

I had the same problem. You have a corrupt logbook file. This can be easily fixed by renaming, moving or deleting the file "C:/Documents and Settings/username/My Documents/Flight Simulator X Files/Logbook.BIN".

MrPilot Guest

RMHebb wrote:

I had the same problem. You have a corrupt logbook file. This can be easily fixed by renaming, moving or deleting the file "C:/Documents and Settings/username/My Documents/Flight Simulator X Files/Logbook.BIN".

I was just having this issue today and your suggested fix worked! Thank you so much for posting it here.

Cheers,

MrP

PH-AVV Guest

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU !!!

I've been struggeling with this issue for over a week now with lost of reinstalls, registry cleans, defrags, etc. etc.

This really makes my day!!!!! 😀

Too bad Microsoft dies nt provide this information in the Knwoledge Base...

BV Guest

RMHebb,
if there should be an award on the internet for the best, most simple solution you earned it for sure!!
THANKS

BV

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

Did you try a recovery?

froggyman Guest

wow....I dont know how you figure that out but that solved my problem. Whoever says five dollars is not worth this website shouldn't play this game. THANK GUYS!

very helpful.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Cheeks Chief Captain

Last Post: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:18 am

Please stop digging up old threads, by all means read them but there is no reason to reply, as you won't get a reply back, especially if it's something like 4 years old as in this case.

so i should simply delete it or what ????

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

so i should simply delete it or what ????

That's right... you take a rubber - or an eraser as civilized folks call it and start 'rubbing' until 'it ain't no more'....

...or you could just learn the basic principles of posting.

If everything else fails you can always use the foolproof method of asking Jesus for guidance. 😛

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...