Card and monitor issues

Pro Member Trainee
john (biello) Trainee

well guys, i could really use some more help. im not sure how this is happening or why, but randomly, especially when im on final, or even about to touchdown, my fs9 will shut down. well specifically my monitor shuts down and displays the message " out of range" or "no signal" and a blank screen. to remdey this i have to restart the computer and it usually resets my driver settings. im just learning the jets, ils landings and such and having alot of fun with this, but i have to admit im getting frustrated with my cpu. here are my system specs, i appreciate any help you gfuys are willing to give...
hewlet packard pc
windowx xp home
2.2 giaghertz amd ahtlon xp
200gb hard drive
radeon 9550 graphics card
512mb
i have tried all sorts of settings, turning them down thinking my cpu cant handle them, but this happens even at low settings, i can get 30fps, but it usually runsn at around 20. thanks for your time guys

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

it shouldn't crash I suppose...not for the specs at least.

Is there any pattern you can discover, perhaps at the same geographical place, or when you perform a specific action...?

Does your eventlog show anything useful?

Pro Member Trainee
john (biello) Trainee

thank you ard. through much searching, and more luck i suspect it seems that the poor performance was linked to my antivirus avg free software. i wiped my cpu clean and went with the reinstall and after trial and error and not loading up avg, the program runs much better even at max settings. i did turn it off when installing fs9 and even when using it but that didnt work for me. so now im happy, i just need to find some virus ware that i can use without messing up my flying! thank you for replying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...