Real world flight plan w/questions

overbanked Guest

Here is some data from an actual flight plan for an S-80 via American Airlines. The data reads horizontally, but I will have to list it vertically here. The route leaves Chicago for Puerto Vallarta Mexico. There are actually about 18 waypoints but I will list only the first line:

TO BAYLI
IDENT BAYLI

FL 32

LAT N394265
WIND 29096

LONG W091047
WCP M036

MC 230
MH 241

MK 760
TRR 009

GS 409
TAS 445

TD P00
I 0

SD 0103
TLDR 1461

ST 0017
TTLT 0017

SB 0051
TTLB 0051

IDENT=identifier (would be 3 leters for a VOR/DME)
FL= cruise altitude
LAT= latitude
LONG=longitude
WCP= wind component (M=minus/headwind, P=plus/tailwind)
MC=magnetic course
MH=magnetic heading
MK=Mach #
GS=ground speed (TAS+/-WCP)
TAS=total air speed
TD=temperature deviation from standard
SD=segment distance
TLDR=distance remaining
ST=segment time
TTLT=total time
SB=segment burn
TTLB=total burn

Questions:
What does WIND 29096 refer to? Wind from 290.96 degrees NW? Or wind from 290 degrees Northwest at 96 knots?
What does TRR refer to? I cannot imagine what this value stands for.
I do not know what 'I' refers to either.

That actual flight plan contains much more data, including:
aircraft weights
passenger loads
runway choices
CI or "cost index"
alternate route for 1 engine out condition
Dispatcher/Captain/First Officer listed
Flap speed settings
Weather conditions

I hope this has been of interest to some of you, as I myself found it quite illuminating.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Yes, the wind is from 290 degrees (i think magnetic) at 96 knots.
I'm not sure about TRR. Looks like it is some sort of direction.

"I" might stand for icing? But I really don't know.

overbanked Guest

I agree with you. Using a fraction of a degree for windspeed would be getting just a tad precise, I would think. Noteworthy is that wind directions are posted as 'from' while aircraft headings use the direction 'toward' convention. A bit confusing unless one is accustomed to the standards. It does make sense that a wind from 290 acting on a plane heading at 230 would generate a headwind component of about 30 kts if the wind speed were around 90 kts. I'll need to review my trigonometry!

overbanked Guest

What is really interesting is that the wind values can be different for each leg of the route. The wind component changes each time the aircraft changes heading. I believe that it is only possible to choose one wind direction with FS-2002 which is what I still use. Makes things much simpler, though not as realistic.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...