Can't instal FS2004

DonMussell Guest

I can't install FS2004 on my machine. I though I had a problem with disk 3, but I got a new copy of the game and the same thing is happening. Basically it just stops responding once I put in disk 3. I noticed it won't respond after asking for disk 3 and it does not matter if I try a different disk, like #1 or #4.
I figured it might be this machine, but it won't load on my laptop either.

Anyone seen this before? This machine is a 2.8 gig AMD processor with 1 gig of ram, three 200 gig hard drives.

Thanks, and sorry if this was covered in a earlier post.

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Put it in the caddy and open "My Computer" and double click on the CD drive icon to open the CD.
The try to get it to load from there.

Some burners won't load programs when you want them to.

Radar

DonMussell Guest

Disk three will not respond all by itself using the open command in "My Computer" either. The application called "stub" is the only thing that might run as an executable, but it does not respond.
This is the same response I get with another copy of FS2004. And it will not load on other, different computers in the house.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

DonMussell wrote:

Disk three will not respond all by itself using the open command in "My Computer" either. The application called "stub" is the only thing that might run as an executable, but it does not respond.
This is the same response I get with another copy of FS2004. And it will not load on other, different computers in the house.

Disable your anti virus, if that won't work.
Try to load it in safe mode.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

THAT'S WHAT I DID THE FIRST TIME IT DIDN'T WORK. MAKE SURE YOU ALSO HAVE ADMIN PRIVLEGES FOR YOURSELF

Don Mussell Guest

Ah, OK, that worked, now it is installed. But the system crashes after loading up any scenario at all. So I added the update on the Microsoft Games web site, and my system crashes after just trying to move any of the controls on just about any kind of situation. So do I need a video card with more than 128 meg of memory on it? It's a Radeon X300 SE card. The motherboard is a ASUS with a 2.8 gig AMD processor, 1 gig of ram.
Kind of frustrating...

Pro Member First Officer
antone First Officer

You should not need 128Mb to get the sim to run - your computer outspecs mine in all respects (except RAM, we're even on that ) and my card is only 64MB. Not ideal, but the sim loads and runs OK, although I do keep my display settings low.

Perhaps worth checking for the latest video card drivers? Not sure, but worth a shot.

Pro Member First Officer
pilatflyr First Officer

it takes a while for the drivers to finally get up, so I would get a new card altogether. and plus, they will last you a very long time.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...