On my B-737, I use the autobrake knob and arm the wing spoiler. This is supposed to brake the plane automatically upon landing. The wheel brakes actuate and the wing spoilers flip up. This lets you concentrate on landing the plane. You arm the wing brakes by pressing [Shift] + [/]. Problem is, sometimes the wing brakes work, and other times they don't! I view an instant replay of the landing from "spot plane" view and I can see that they aren't up. Other times they are. This once caused me to run out of runway at LaGuardia and the plane went into the river! It was a short runway - 7000 feet, so there was no room for error. If I am doing something wrong, I don't know what it is. Or else it's just another of the numerous glitches in FS 2002.
1 Answers
you arm the speedbrakes with the question mark key.
Still stuck on this question?
Ask Fly Away, our AI flight sim & aviation assistant, for an instant answer to this exact question — or ask the community below.
Recently answered
GeneralHow do you fly an ILS approach in Infinite Flight?Fly an ILS approach in Infinite Flight: tune NAV1, intercept correctly, use APPR, fix capture…Read answer →DCS WorldHow do I set up a Logitech X56 HOTAS in DCS World?Set up a Logitech X56 HOTAS profile in DCS World with correct axes, button mapping, tuning…Read answer →MSFSHow do I fly an ILS approach in the Fenix A320 for MSFS?Fly a Fenix A320 ILS approach in MSFS: MCDU setup, ILS tuning, LOC/GS capture, FMA checks…Read answer →MSFSWhere can I download CRJ liveries for MSFS 2020?Download CRJ liveries for MSFS 2020, check aircraft compatibility, install them correctly and…Read answer →