climb a330

guest Guest

I have downloaded an airbus a330 from avsim.com and a panel also from avsim.com and when i start climbing to flight level 380 at around 300000 feet the speed starts to decrease so instead of climbing at 1700 feet per min i change it to 300 feet but its still decreasing even when i put max thurst. Am i doing anything wrong or is it just the plane?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

guest wrote:

I have downloaded an airbus a330 from avsim.com and a panel also from avsim.com and when i start climbing to flight level 380 at around 300000 feet the speed starts to decrease so instead of climbing at 1700 feet per min i change it to 300 feet but its still decreasing even when i put max thurst. Am i doing anything wrong or is it just the plane?

That's somewhat normal, very large aircraft normally lose much of their climb rate at high altitude. If they are heavy, they often have to level off and burn fuel before climbing to their final altitude. The pilots have a Altitude Capability Chart that shows how high they can climb at their current weight. Above standard temperature also reduces climb performance. Try reducing the weight.🙂

Pro Member Captain
Karlw Captain

I have that problem with the a330 and the pmdg 744 but I found out tha if you hold f4 while you are climbing your rpm increases quit a bit and yoou speed increases but saldey the a330 does not do that I have it as well

Pro Member Trainee
stefanomura Trainee

guest wrote:

I have downloaded an airbus a330 from avsim.com and a panel also from avsim.com and when i start climbing to flight level 380 at around 300000 feet the speed starts to decrease so instead of climbing at 1700 feet per min i change it to 300 feet but its still decreasing even when i put most of wide-body aircrafts are opetated in "step climb", which means that you have to level off to gain speed again and then continue your climd to the desired level. max thurst. Am i doing anything wrong or is it just the plane?

most of wide-body aircrafts are opetated in "step climb", which means that you have to level off to gain speed again and then continue your climd to the desired level. ciao

Pro Member Trainee
stefanomura Trainee

guest wrote:

by the way, I'm an executive pilot on C500/550/560

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...