climb help

Hi I am new here and I am starting the "training lessons" to learn how to fly. I am wondering however, douring the training, the "instructor" says to increce pitch so I have about a 13 digree angle, then push the throtle all the way in, but when he does it, he simply pushes the throtel all the way in, and brings it to a 20 + digree angle, till the airspeed int. reads 74 knots. Do they bring it to the 20 digree just to save time? or am I missing something?
Merry Christmas! sorry about spell check

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Your smelling is just fine 😂 If we can read and understand it, your OK 👍

When having the lessons,,Rod will show you want to do,and how to do it.
Its all to do with the pitch wheel and practice

Pro Member First Officer
PH First Officer

In a nutshell.....when you climb you do it by IAS (Indicated Airspeed) so you will pitch up to whatever it takes to climb at 74KIAS. The angle on the attitude indicator will depend on many things, wind speed, temperature, aircraft weight, altitude to name a few. Every aircraft has a best angle, best rate of climb, multi engine ac also have single engine climb speeds. These can be found on the tech sheets for the plane you fly. Do not try and get too involved in these specifics at the moment but I think this should explain why there is a difference in angles. Good luck and carry on with the lessons as they are the basics every good pilot needs.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Are you planning on becoming a real pilot? If you are there is a good boook called "Your Pilot's Liscense"

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...