Problems with A330-900 neo Add-On

Pro Member Trainee
jlabit Trainee

Yesterday morning, I downloaded and installed the Airbus A330-900 neo add-on.  I put the headwind--a330neo file into the community folder as directed.  I can see and can select the aircraft in the simulator.  When I select it and add a flight, it goes into the load-up for the flight and hangs up at approximately 98-99% complete.  I have left it sitting for hours trying to load the flight, but it never starts the flight.  I uninstalled the add-on from the community folder, deleted everything off my computer, then downloaded a fresh copy and reinstalled it.  Again, it did the very same thing.  I have the Airbus A320 Neo loaded into the sim and it works great.  Any idea what the problem may be?  Thanks for your time.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
TSquared Guest

I'm having the same exact issue. Worked fine before last hotfix, but not since then.

Yesterday morning, I downloaded and installed the Airbus A330-900 neo add-on.  I put the headwind--a330neo file into the community folder as directed.  I can see and can select the aircraft in the simulator.  When I select it and add a flight, it goes into the load up for the flight and hangs up at approximately 98-99% complete.  I have left it sit for hours trying to load the flight, but it never starts the flight.  I uninstalled the add-on from the community folder, deleted everything off my computer, then downloaded a fresh copy and reinstalled it.  Again, it did the very same thing.  I have the Airbus A320 neo loaded into the sim and it works great.  Any ideas what the problem may be?  Thanks for your time.

Nicholas Ruf Guest

I have the same problem with the A/C.

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with the A330-900neo add-on. Given your description, it sounds like a possible conflict or an issue with the aircraft files themselves. Let's try to address this step by step.

1. First and foremost, ensure you're using the latest version of the add-on from Fly Away Simulation. Updates often include bug fixes and performance improvements.
  2. Next, double-check that the headwind--a330neo folder is correctly placed in the Community folder. If you have any other mods or add-ons installed, try temporarily removing them to see if they're causing a conflict with the A330-900neo.
  3. Since the Airbus A320neo works fine, it's possible that your Microsoft Flight Simulator installation has a corrupted or missing file. To verify the integrity of your game files, follow these steps:
    1. Click on the three dots next to the Play button and select Manage game and add-ons.
    2. Scroll down to the Files section, click on Verify integrity of game files, and wait for the process to complete.
  4. Lastly, check your system's compatibility with the A330-900neo add-on. Although the Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020 release) is optimized for a wide range of hardware, certain aircraft add-ons may demand more resources, causing performance issues or failed loading.
  5. If none of the above solutions work, it could be a problem with the A330-900neo add-on itself. In that case, I recommend reaching out to the developers and reporting the issue. They may be able to provide a fix or further assistance.

I hope one of these solutions resolves the problem, and you can enjoy flying the A330-900neo! If you have any other questions or need additional help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Safe and happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...