Problem with lesson 3VOR

Pro Member Trainee
simon1 Trainee

I have loaded lesson 3 Private pilot lesson VOR.I am set up with the plane flying at 4000ft. This is supposed to be a fifteen minute lesson. I am heading North 360.
I am told to adjust direction to keep the needle on VOR1 in the middle. When I am handed control there is a message on the screen saying I am too far left. If I try to turn right or left for that matter at all the lesson is ended and says I am not concentrating. I can only fly straight ahead. I have flown in a straight line for ten minutes and nothing is said or happens. If I turn off a straight course the lesson ends. Even when I am ten miles past the station.
What am I doing wrong please?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

simon1 wrote:

I have loaded lesson 3 Private pilot lesson VOR.I am set up with the plane flying at 4000ft. This is supposed to be a fifteen minute lesson. I am heading North 360.
I am told to adjust direction to keep the needle on VOR1 in the middle. When I am handed control there is a message on the screen saying I am too far left. If I try to turn right or left for that matter at all the lesson is ended and says I am not concentrating. I can only fly straight ahead. I have flown in a straight line for ten minutes and nothing is said or happens. If I turn off a straight course the lesson ends. Even when I am ten miles past the station.
What am I doing wrong please?

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I am having issues with that same lesson. I think there are issues with many of the lessons. I have flown a few of them flawlessly only to have Rod end the lesson cause things are not going well. I think time will resolve some of these issues with patch fixes.

Pro Member Trainee
simon1 Trainee

Thanks for the input. It was driving me mad. I am having a similar problem with another lesson.

Frag Guest

To fix that, activate the nav hold on the autopilot. That will intercept the VOR for you before he gives you control. Or you could just turn off the autopilot.

Pro Member Trainee
simon1 Trainee

Thanks a lot for that. I was about to re-load flightsim 2004 so I could run the lessons. I haven't used it for a long while.
I don't have to bother now!

Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

Frag wrote:

To fix that, activate the nav hold on the autopilot. That will intercept the VOR for you before he gives you control. Or you could just turn off the autopilot.

Did what you suggested and got further along in the lesson than ever before. Got to the final 090 heading and the left top corner message said you are to far left and I was on the exact heading. I turned right to make suggested correction. Immediatly said I must not turn right and thats also when the throttle goes crazy. Then he ends lesson. Rod's an idiot. LOL

powerswitch1 Guest

Finally figured this lesson out. The trick is that Rod is lying at the beginning of the lesson. You are not actually flying the 360 radial but in fact you are left of it. The fix: Once Rod gives you control of the airplane turn right until you intercept the 360 radial (Vor needle begins to center). Turn left and the straight to keep the needle centered. Once you fly over the VOR you will have to correct slightly to keep on track until you reach 3nm miles out. From this point on, just follow Rods instructions and you should be fine. On thing to remember the VOR bar will only centre on the 360 and 90 degree radials so don't try and center it any other time. This worked for me. (After a dozen or so attempts.) Good luck.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...