Sid/Stars

Spam3d Guest

yo all, in having some trouble selecting correct stars for my fmc when im programming it..how do i select an adequate sid that takes the most direct route from the airport to your next waypoint, i dont fly online so i dont recive the sid's. Im just curious how u select the departure as i use route finder to plan my routes, i end up doing stupidly long and unnecesary departures and arrivals 😞 cheers

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Don Wood Guest

The only logical way is to obtain the SID's or STAR's for the airports you use and then analyze the routes to select the most logical. In real-life, the same SID's and STAR's are used most often when departing for or arriving from specific locations so you can plan ahead to some extent. However, ATC may still assign an arrival or departure that causes you to fly "stupidly long and unnecesary" routes although they are actually necessary because of traffic, flight restrictions, or other concerns.

Spam3d Guest

ah ok cheers, ill have to get me some charts then 😛 any favorite places to obtain charts from?

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

Spam3d wrote:

ah ok cheers, ill have to get me some charts then 😛 any favorite places to obtain charts from?

vatsim (www.vatsim.net)would be a good place to find.I remember there are some sites where you can obtain country specific charts for US and UK.. I do not have the link

Pro Member Trainee
lowensteinbs Trainee

Here is a link where you can get some SID/STAR charts:

http://www.navdata.at/php/sidstar/dl_list.php

Good luck. I downloaded these today and will be loading them into my FS tonight so I am not 100% sure if this is what you are after. I think it may be as I am after the same thing that you are.

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

lowensteinbs wrote:

Here is a link where you can get some SID/STAR charts:

http://www.navdata.at/php/sidstar/dl_list.php

Good luck. I downloaded these today and will be loading them into my FS tonight so I am not 100% sure if this is what you are after. I think it may be as I am after the same thing that you are.

Thanks ....This is what I was looking for....

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...