PLEASE HELP MY PLANE KEEPS STALLING

Zaxol Guest

So I'm in a Boeing 747 going from New York to Cairo and about when I'm going over the atlantic the plane goes into a stall. I am doing nothing different then normal and have infinate fuel. Whats wrong? Also what will make a plane stall?

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Running Guest

Interesting.... I had the same problem with a 747 crossing the Atlantic from Ireland to Boston. Although I did not have unlimited fuel.

I was flying autopilot at FL370 with time acceleration at 16x when it struck.
Set the time back to normal, switched to manual control, did everything I could but was unable to get the airplane out of it's stall before it became a small dent in the ocean.

I blamed myself and switched back to the 737 that I normally fly and made a stop in iceland and Canada on the way to Boston. 🙂

Zaxol Guest

I really wanted to use the boeing to do this long trip since it's the fastest from what I see. Guess I just have to go back to my normalLear45. I was looking forward to using a jumbo for once.

Pro Member Trainee
Cruisecar Trainee

I've experienced this problem, you can even try to power out of the stall with a dive, yet it remains uncontrolable. You get to 350 Kts, it seems in control, you level out and then suddenly it dives again and the IAS shows 0 Kts.

Very strange.

Zaxol Guest

Well this is stupid a entire plane I can;t use. Also the fasttest plane. Anyone got any suggestions to stop it?

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

Zaxol wrote:

Well this is stupid a entire plane I can;t use. Also the fasttest plane. Anyone got any suggestions to stop it?

I haven't yet seen people using the plane in bit's and peices...just kiddin..
To be honest i do not fly the default Boeings as they have a very unrealistic flight model...I assume that you are flying the default Boeings..Else you might want to try POSKY Boeings which are freeware and try this flight once again....

Pro Member Trainee
azabro Trainee

May have something to do with thermal spots??

Pro Member First Officer

azabro wrote:

May have something to do with thermal spots??

asabro check our pm..you are messing ur sig...

Zaxol Guest

Whats unrealistci about them? Well anyways now that I have gotten to my cruising altatude of 35thousand feet. everything has been going fine. Still wondering what went wrong. IT was really weird all of the sudden the plane would strart going straight up and then spin out of control. Well I how things go fine until I land. If I manage to do that 😛. I'm still kinda new lol

Pro Member First Officer

Zaxol wrote:

Whats unrealistci about them?

The flight models and the planes reaction is quite unrealistic.I find them really tough to fly manually and trim...Since you are new i assume that you do not have the PMDG Boeing aircrafts.Buy them and soon you will understand the difference in how the PMDG boeing aircrafts react or feel as compared to the default boeings....and you will never ever return to flying the default Boeings...But since you are flying FSX you will have to wait for some time as they will port their aircrafts to FSX.keep visiting www.precisionmanuals.com for any updates on them...

Spam3d Guest

your going to have to step climb as your stalling due to the loss of speed and lift in thinner air. burn some fuel off for a while and climb to say 20000 and then go to 27000 and then maybe up to 35000 or whatever altitude u choose.
guessing your rate of climb will be big and doing a transatlantc flight u would be pretty much fueled up making the plane drag to stall speed before reaching climb. i highly doubt the flight models are wrong, u just need to loose some of that initial fuel to obtain your flight level.

Pro Member First Officer

Spam3d wrote:

y i highly doubt the flight models are wrong, u just need to loose some of that initial fuel to obtain your flight level.

Flight model is unrealistic and flight model is not related to step climb..
That's a very common logic for any aircraft to fly to higher altitudes.
Fly PMDG 747 or 737 and then fly the default,you will immediately realize the difference how the plane reacts to trim and other factors.As per PMDG, the default MS trimming is 5 times more than that is in the actual plane.PMDG 747 has a completely new fuel flow logic than the default MS Boeings..The COG is kept in front the plane's nose as in theactual Boeing design of the actual aircraft while MS Boeings have it in the centre of the aircraft which should not be the case..Hence if you read PMDG manuals they have stated that they had to bypass many of the MS functionality to provide a realistic simulation of Boeing 747...Hence i say the default Boeings are unrealistic to fly in the sense that they do not represent the actual aircraft behaviour...They just represent a very generic flight model...

Spam3d Guest

😀 hah ok u got me there! im flying the pss 757 right now🙂 all i wanted to say was that i think they're stall problem is due to the rate of accent they are trying to achive in the stock aircraft..and yeah the default flight dynamics sucks but they do work lol

Flying Expert Guest

To stop stalling , kill the throttle and maintain normal position ( fliying position) .when you are stable , slowly increase the throttle and make the plane stable .

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...