A smooth way for taxiing

SNBelgianAirlins Guest

Hallo

I fly flight simulator for many years now, but still I have a small but important problem.

You see, when I was taxiing in FS9 I could slowly turn the rudder to the left or right and then to break-even I could push the button which I've had appointed to put the rudder in the center again so the aircraft would taxi straight forward.

But now in FSX there is now appointing function for putting the rudder back in the center and now my aircraft goes zig-zag all over the taxiway. This is not how I am suppose to be taxiing.

Can anywone help me by telling me what I have to do so I can taxi the aircraft smoothly down the taxiway?

Thank you

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
lds_soldier First Officer

Get a joystick with a twist handle for your rudder. Works like a charm.

Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

SNBelgianAirlins wrote:

Hallo

I fly flight simulator for many years now, but still I have a small but important problem.

You see, when I was taxiing in FS9 I could slowly turn the rudder to the left or right and then to break-even I could push the button which I've had appointed to put the rudder in the center again so the aircraft would taxi straight forward.

But now in FSX there is now appointing function for putting the rudder back in the center and now my aircraft goes zig-zag all over the taxiway. This is not how I am suppose to be taxiing.

Can anywone help me by telling me what I have to do so I can taxi the aircraft smoothly down the taxiway?

Thank you

It's the real way airplanes are taxied on the ground. I have flown 150's and 172's and there is no button on the plane to center the rudder. It just takes practice on the pedals. Are you using pedals or the keyboard? If keyboard I can see where it would be awful tough to control. If pedals, play with the sensitivity and make small corrections when taxing.

SNBelgianAirlines Guest

[quote]It's the real way airplanes are taxied on the ground. I have flown 150's and 172's and there is no button on the plane to center the rudder. It just takes practice on the pedals. Are you using pedals or the keyboard? If keyboard I can see where it would be awful tough to control. If pedals, play with the sensitivity and make small corrections when taxing.

I'm using a joystick, but a normal one.
Yes I'll practice, but I'm afraid the way its going its impossible to go straight. The rudder always goes or a bit to the left or a bit to the right.

Is there really no other way?

Thank you

Pro Member Trainee
skypilot2 Trainee

I would think that using just a joystick would make it more difficult to taxi. How is it when taking off? I would think much better under thrust and speed?
Also if you click shift+G that will lock the tail wheel. I would think there has to be a way to assign that shiftG to a button on the joy stick. Maybe some of the more expierienced guys will jump in here.. What joy-stick are you using?

Pro Member First Officer
Llain First Officer

You can buy a good joy stick with a twist handle and force feed back
I have a Saitek cyborg it was only £20 or about $30
If you can aford to buy add ons you can buy a new joy stick indeed you will never go back to a normal joy stick

Pro Member First Officer
faust1200 First Officer

I imagine you could enable auto-coordination - that way the rudders should move with the ailerons. I don't know how smooth it would be since Ive never tried it but it should get you back to center - since your stick goes back to center.

Idris Guest

It's really simple....I have been playing FSX for more than 6 years now and I've understood that flight swimming is not just all about instruments. U have to somewhere be independent and I'll say it pretty straight : on the ground your alone wid no instruments at all.

I'll give you and advice if ur a beginner wid taxiing, go slow.
Maintain ur taxiing speed at max. 15 knots (beginners).
Do not put too much pressure on the stick to stop ur aircraft from going what ur calling "wriggle wriggle"
One MAIN POINT:vision, can be deceiving. Go on the virtual cockpit view and zoom out a little bit so u can look about from the left or right side depending on where you want to taxi.

I hope I was helpful and email me if you have any queries @ Idrismoti@gmail.com. 😀

RickG Guest

I agree with Faust 1200, go into settings and select auto coordination and that should solve your problems.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...