Stalling

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

hey, i was flying from pdx to san IFR and about 9miles out from pdx the plane stalled and crashed all of a sudden. i had the ap on and auto throttle my speed 295kias. i was climbing up to 28,000ft and my vertical speed was 1800. i had no flaps. am i doing something wrong or is it a bug? cuz i always do this same thing and it works fine. the plane was a pss a319.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
coolsan First Officer

well, it's kinda diffcult to tell what went wrong with such little information...but my guess would be
--a bug as you already said, specially if you use this plane regularly and nothing ever happens. Did you update lately?
--Maybe you exceeded your mtow and your plane could not keep up with 1800ft/min; if this where the case autopilot would start to pull up to keep up and would eventually stall.
--If you're using fspassengers maybe you had a failure and that's the one to blame.

I would recommend that after transition altitude you use mach hold with autothrottle, as kias can be misleading at higher altitudes.

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

i think its number 2, so i should just lower the vs to like 900 or 1000?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

You were doing everything right. 1800 fpm is not much for the A319. That's nothing for this airplane! So I thinks it's a bug...I don't have the PSS A320 Pro Package, but some people that have it told me that there wasn't any problems with it.

I have an idea, install the latest FDE and let me know if it works. I'm currently looking for the FDE download for you, so when I find it I'll post it here.

Pro Member Chief Captain

You exceeded MTOW? Well, you shouldn't take off if you exceed that.

You don't have to lower your vertical speed to 900 or 1000. You can perfectly fly with a vertical speed of 1800.
Always remember not to exceed MTOW. That's really important.

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

o well i guess it wasn't mtow cuz i tookoff fine

Pro Member Chief Captain

If you exceed MTOW, you can take off anyway, but you shouldn't. I think if you install the latest FDE, they will fix the problem. I'm still looking for them. I can't beleive that it's hard to find it. 😕

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

This is a guessing game. What was your actual KIAS when the plane stalled? You were nine miles out. What was your altitude at the time? Assuming some reasonable altitude, why could you not recover from the stall? What steps did you take to recover from the stall?

In other words, what was actually going on when the plane stalled? Or did you assume that once the AP was set, you could read a magazine?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Well, I've been looking for that PSS A319 FDE, but couldn't find anything. I think there is a FDE available for download, but don't know where. Someone else may find it. I gotta go to sleep now.
If you find the FDE, try it out. That should make your A319 more realistic.

😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...