A bit diappointed about my comp's performance...

Pro Member Trainee
hoelmkjaer Trainee

Hello everyone 😀

Mmm, so I actually got FSX for christmas, woohoo! 😂
Anyways... Been playing it a lot the last couple of days, and I've tried playing a bit with the graphics settings. What really bothers me, is that I don't think my comp is handling the game very well. Right now I'm running it with these settings, lag free:

Graphics: High
Aircraft: Ultra High
Scenery: Medium High
Weather: Medium High
Traffic: Medium Low

I actually thought (I'm pretty naive, eventually) that my comp would be able to run it with at least Graphics, Aircraft and Scenery at Ultra high... But I found out that it isn't... So, I was wondering, does anyone know a way to squeeze some more out of my comp? My specs are:

Intel Pentium 4 processor; 3.2Ghz
Asus Nvidia GeForce En7900GT 256mb
1gb ram
Windows XP home ed.

Thanks a lot 😉

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Llain First Officer

I would add another 1 gig of memory and wait untill geforce 8800 come down in price. having more then 2 gig will not make any difference as FSX does not use more then 2 gig. but you will need 3 gig for VISTA
There are reports of FSX running a little faster under VISTA

I have Pentium 4Duel core 3.4Ghz
GeForce 7600GT 256mb
3 gig ram
500 gig HDD
XP media edition

I have my setting about the same as you
I will wait untill geforce 8800 come down in price maybe in 6 months

Pro Member Trainee
hoelmkjaer Trainee

I really don't think it's my graphics card... Anyways, I did this scan at microsofts webpage, http://gameadvisor.futuremark.com/gameadvisor/service/game_scan.jsp;jsessionid=GLIJLJGLKIPM?sysInfoId=3589472
so... How much more does it require? I mean, when it says my performance is "wwow", what would it call a computer that can run it with all the settings on Ultra high? 😕
stuff like this annoys me...

Pro Member First Officer
Llain First Officer

The only way you are going to get Ultra high setting is with the next generation of graphic cards like the GeForce 8800 with 768mb, you may even need 2 in SLI set up.
We will have to wait and see how Direct X 10 effects FSX, it should help to make it run faster.

Pro Member Trainee
hoelmkjaer Trainee

all right... damn... oh, well, thanks anyway

Pro Member Trainee
simon1 Trainee

I have just spent £1250.00 on a new base unit just to try and get something out of this game in frame rates. I know I will not be able to play it with high settings throughout but it will be better than what I have got. I will get it in a week or two. I don't expect it to double the frame rates though.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...