Smileware

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Last week I spent a couple of days in France,very nice it was too 🍻 😀
So tonight I thought Idea lets see if there is any scenery of the area I was in. Well
😀 This made me smile 😀 😀
The author, Vauchez calls this smileware,why?because thats all it will cost you 😀 There I paid for it again

Absolutely stunning freeware scenery,but dont take my word for it ➡

This really should be payware and dont worry as it comes with an installer,all you have to do is activate it in the scenery settings page of fs9,shut it down and restart and start smiling 😀

You cannot afford to pass this by

Answers 20 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That is stunningly beautiful, wouldn't it be fantastic if all of the sim looked like that, dream, dream dream on...

Did you find that it interfered with your "traffic add-on"?

😁 Etienne Vauchez thank you

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 It seems to have its own traffic file,but the effect seems just to be in the local area,as I saw a yellow aircraft (unknown) take off as I approached 😳
The read me file Read says about switching off auto gen (I have not Nope ) to better frame rates
But you are right,it would be fantastic if all the sim was like it,so much detail,so many trees and house's 🙂 fs2006?? Ermm... Who knows Dont Know

I look forward to other projects from this man Etienne Vauchez Bow Down

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I checked his name at avsim, nothing besides this one. Dont Know

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

WOW!!! Thanks for the tip tomthetank - I had looked at this download some time ago but the 11+Mb and my dial up put me off.

Have send a barrowoad of smilies 😂 😂 😂 😂 to Entienne and suggested he offered his services to Microsoft (for a small fee - that is - about $M1).

Have included example below. Even with my limited graphics card this should convince everyone how good it is -

and this -

Well done Entienne and thanks
👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Glad you like it

There is so much to see

Pro Member First Officer
Fredericia01 First Officer

😀 😀 😀 That is smileware -superb scenery, THX for sharing the link Group Wave

Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

WOW!

Now if someone from microsoft is lookin at the board..that's what we want!!!!!

Now don't come back til you have it done!!

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Wow is right!

I don't know how I missed this on its first posting.

Av8r77 is right, I think we all would agree this is what we would like to see in FS 2006

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

tomthetank,

What is the blue and white a/c w/teeth pictured above. I would like to d/l it.

Thanks,
michlin

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Its amazing what you can find in these old posts

The aircraft is a Twin Otter and there are a few of them here at flyaway and the Sharks teeth one is on page 8 ➡

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/66/fs2004-propeller-aircraft/

Its a cracking aircraft to fly 👍

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Superb free add-on.... looks very similar to "Brittany Islands" add-on but pleasantly £30 cheaper !

Like DaveC, I only have dial-up so my PC is whirring away as I write, downloading the scenery.... can't wait to give it a go !

PS... Great to hear from you DaveC, hope you had a good Xmas.

flyer88 Guest

i downloaded it but i can not figure out what the airport is called

Pro Member First Officer
mako (makonnenl) First Officer

I installed it but how can I activate it ❓ can I also use is in any airport or just in briattany

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

LFRD is a small regional airport near the historic town of St-Malo in Brittany, France.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

Yes, I know where it is, my question is how to ad it to the adon scenery I followed the instructions but i don't see any LFRD file. Am I doing something wrong ❓ Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Ermm... It should have installed it self,and then you have to activate it in settings/scenery

Did you do that?

Pro Member First Officer

How do I activate it (sorry) Embarassed

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

makonnenl wrote:

How do I activate it (sorry) Embarassed

I think #1 is taken care of by the self-installer.

1. Extract the zip into your main FS2004 Addon Scenery folder, or into a temporary folder, and then move it there, which ever method you prefer.
I use the temp and drag and drop.

2. Start up FS2004 and when the welcome screen, or initial menu comes on, select settings, then click on Scenery Library, and Add Area. Find the Addon Scenery folder and open it, then find the XXXX folder and click on it. The name XXXX should now appear in the title window, then click OK. Then you will see XXXX at the top of your scenery library list, and click the OK tab at the bottom.

3. That's it! You must first exit FS2004, and when you restart it your scenery will be there. It is not necessary to use the Addon Scenery option to locate this scenery, simply go to the airport in FS.

Radar

Vauchez Guest

Thanks all for all the good words on LFRD. If anyone feels I can be of any help, please don't hesitate to email me. Also, as was posted in the news sections here, I am now developing KPVD2005 (which will be payware). It will be like LFRD, but bigger and better... Preview shots can be seen on my new site, flightscenery.com

Happy new year all, and all the best!

Vauchez
lead developper

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

WOW
I have only just managed to get my jaw back up from the ground

That is some awsome work Drool ,I cant wait for it to be released

This is going to be a another scenery must have for fs9

Thanks for dropping by and keeping us up to date

Secret That was Vauchez Bow Down Bow Down

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...