problem with graphics detail on aircraft

Pro Member Trainee
Mateo1976 Trainee

for some reason when i go to choose an aircraft to fly, the detail on the aircraft looks extremely low. i can't make out the images/lettering on the aircraft. i went into settings and turned them up all the way and it still looks bad, so i reinstalled windows, and i'm getting the same thing. i've got a 2.66 Ghz, 1526 MB of RAM, and a Radeon 9250 256 MB graphics card. if anyone can help me, it would be much appreciated.. thanks

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Qantas_here_I_come Trainee

Hi
I would go to two 2gb's of RAM then upgrade the video card because that one need upgrading

Pro Member Trainee
Mateo1976 Trainee

i doubt this has anything to do with my system's capabilities because i purchased this game a while back , brought it home, installed it, and everything was fine. then i decided to uninstall it and went back to playing 2004. lol then i changed my mind again, and reinstalled FSX. upon reinstallation is when i started having problems. i don't know if this has anything to do with it but i just bought an LCD monitor recently and haven't had problems with FSX until after using my new monitor.. ??? the monitor is a samsung syncmaster 931b... any ideas?

Pro Member Captain
Rodney Jacobs (GundamWZero) Captain

Try maxing out your aircraft texture. As for the problems, whenevr you uninstall a program, do a defrag and disk cleanup before you re-install FSX. That might help out with your problems.

Pro Member Trainee
Qantas_here_I_come Trainee

yea i would try the defrag then reinstall

hcomspam12 Guest

There is something wrong with my FSX! First of all it is VERY SLOW!The loading screen seeems like it takes hours! And the graphics are horrible!
The roads blur up when i go fast.

have you installed the SDK pateches ?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

hcomspam12 wrote:

There is something wrong with my FSX! First of all it is VERY SLOW!The loading screen seeems like it takes hours! And the graphics are horrible!
The roads blur up when i go fast.

What are your system specs.

Radar

does your aircraft look like this? fuzzy skin with no details?

OK...........I have a similar problem with the frame rate with fsX, but it's more intence in some missions, it's not so hard in free flight mode.
First of all , my system
Pentium 4, 3.2 Gh, 800 FSB
2 Gb RAM, 667 Mhz
Nvidia, GeForce 8800 GTS, 320 MB
and I have FS9 and FSX.

In FS9 I have the settings all the way high, I placed a target frame rate of 60fps and 1280x960 resolution, and I can get from 30 to 60 fps, depending on the detail, 50-60 fps average. If I replay the flight I can get 60 fps straight up, with no problems at all and it doesn't drop at all. And if I go to spot view while I'm flying it doesn't drop below 30 fps.

Now in FSX, I placed a target frame rate of 25 fps. If I go to free flight mode, whith most of the details to high, and about 25% traffic (cars, boats etc.), when I'm in the 2D cocpit, I get about 20-23 fps and if I go to spot view I get 15 to 20 fps. Now, if I try to fly the missions, depending on the mission, the frame rate drops significantly. I tried the "Tokyo executive transport" mission, which has to do with a Jetranger, and I closed all traffic. The frame rate didn't go beyond 7 or 8 frames. If I have the traffic on, I got 3 to 5 frames the most. But, I tried another mission with the Jetranger, the "oil rig supply" mission ( if I remember the name corectly), and it had some weather in it too, and I got about 10 to 14 frames. So I came to the conclusion that it has to do with the mission difficulty. But even thouhg, 3 and 4 frames is not normal....

There is one good thing with FSX though. The helicopters are easyer to fly than FS9. And you can add aircraft add ons for FS9 to FSX. I added the Blackhawk, the MD-500, the Heuy, the Mil Mi HIND, they all fly great, and I can even do a great hovering with the Blackhawk. I tried to do the same in FS9 and it was much more difficult.

ju-gee-beens Guest

Guest Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:59 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

does your aircraft look like this? fuzzy skin with no details?

(I'm not saying This is your problem1,OK)
But, i had that problem with fs2002, and fs2004 !
sometimes a white flash when i changed view.
everybody said it was my video card, but, new video card didn't do it only worse(because it used more system ram than the old)
when i added another stick of RAM that went away?

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Go into the Display settings... then go to Customize, then go to World Detail on the first tab, and adjust it from there...

On a side note, FSX was built with computers of the future in mind, your computer is aging quicking, and a thing of the past. FSX truely requires MUCH more than the system minimums that are posted on the box.

Your system is at fault for the slow load times, crappy FPS, etc...

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

OK...........I have a similar problem with the frame rate with fsX, but it's more intence in some missions, it's not so hard in free flight mode.
First of all , my system
Pentium 4, 3.2 Gh, 800 FSB
2 Gb RAM, 667 Mhz
Nvidia, GeForce 8800 GTS, 320 MB
and I have FS9 and FSX.

In FS9 I have the settings all the way high, I placed a target frame rate of 60fps and 1280x960 resolution, and I can get from 30 to 60 fps, depending on the detail, 50-60 fps average. If I replay the flight I can get 60 fps straight up, with no problems at all and it doesn't drop at all. And if I go to spot view while I'm flying it doesn't drop below 30 fps.

Now in FSX, I placed a target frame rate of 25 fps. If I go to free flight mode, whith most of the details to high, and about 25% traffic (cars, boats etc.), when I'm in the 2D cocpit, I get about 20-23 fps and if I go to spot view I get 15 to 20 fps. Now, if I try to fly the missions, depending on the mission, the frame rate drops significantly. I tried the "Tokyo executive transport" mission, which has to do with a Jetranger, and I closed all traffic. The frame rate didn't go beyond 7 or 8 frames. If I have the traffic on, I got 3 to 5 frames the most. But, I tried another mission with the Jetranger, the "oil rig supply" mission ( if I remember the name corectly), and it had some weather in it too, and I got about 10 to 14 frames. So I came to the conclusion that it has to do with the mission difficulty. But even thouhg, 3 and 4 frames is not normal....

There is one good thing with FSX though. The helicopters are easyer to fly than FS9. And you can add aircraft add ons for FS9 to FSX. I added the Blackhawk, the MD-500, the Heuy, the Mil Mi HIND, they all fly great, and I can even do a great hovering with the Blackhawk. I tried to do the same in FS9 and it was much more difficult.

The P4 is the problem. Single cores have a serious problem trying to handle the amount of processing info that FSX is pumping. When (if) you make the change to dual core (do not go Pentium D) you will see a huge improvement. The memory is a little slow in your system, but could be worse.... your graphics should be fine even though the 320mb 8800 leaves much to be desired.

Places like Tokyo, LA, Seattle, etc... (whether in the mission or not) are HUGELY populated and hense the drop in FPS... it isnt GPU related, its CPU related....

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...