Problem with flying in multiplayer!

lemonwonder Guest

I am absolutely SICK TO DEATH! of this problem.

I load up a game, when it finishes loading it says I have been disconnected from the host as they have cancelled their session. I log back in and the same happens (the host did not cancell their session at ALL!)

Not a single person can connect to my games either

Answers 10 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

What firewall do you use ?

Is it configured to allow FSX access?

lemonwonder Guest

I use NOD32. It doesnt pop up and say anyrhing.

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

Try disabling it and see if you can connect

*insert disclaimer here if you get hacked in the few minutes that it takes to try *

🙂

Viper006 Guest

Recently I took on a bit of education here thanks to an online fvirtual airlift command. The program FShost client for FSX has been remarkable. No more disconnects or finding out if you have been logged on by another computer.

Just find the website and do some small amout of reading and away you go. I've posted some instructions and some of the benifits of FSHost compared to GS in one of the other online help threads.

Viper006
Yahoo messenger ID " broke88_djrfan"

saint4 Guest

Viper006 wrote:

Recently I took on a bit of education here thanks to an online fvirtual airlift command. The program FShost client for FSX has been remarkable. No more disconnects or finding out if you have been logged on by another computer.

Just find the website and do some small amout of reading and away you go. I've posted some instructions and some of the benifits of FSHost compared to GS in one of the other online help threads.

Viper006
Yahoo messenger ID " broke88_djrfan"

Ye, but you have to run FSX is window mode, turn of AI traffic and other stuff and that my friend is long

Viper006 Guest

Actually windowed is not that bad of a deal.

1. load game
2. Start FSHost
3. start your mission.
4. Hit ALT button
5. on menu un check full screen, size your window

Thats as far as I go. Yes you can disable AI acft if you want. most servers have enough flyers that you do not need AI acft.

So easy compared to NOT having replay, record, pause functionality.

plus now your flying with fs2004 pilots also.

But if this is too difficult , I understand. Enjoy GS and have fun safe flight.

saint4 Guest

You can read sim messages in full screen. Someone may need help, athlon 3500+ 1 gig ram and nvidia 6600 256 pulls off high detail but the moment i would hit alt-tab when i try get fsx back up it won't

saint4 Guest

sorry that was supposed to be 'you can't read messages in full screen'. For whatever reason you need to

Viper006 Guest

Ok once you UNCHECK full screen, your window will be small. drag the corners of the screen to change the size back to LARGE or almost full screen. I have a 20" flat panel so is pretty simple. No more ALT tabbing. Just slide screen to the side a bit click on the chat screen where you get your messages. ( this will put game in pause..nice feature). then click back on game screen to resume.

Was having an awsome time flying from Savannah to KJAX and darn if the cable company wanted to do work on the lines 3/4 way into mission. thankfully I was able to continue the flight but withought being online with the crew I was flying with.

Fun flight and safe landings

fizznfire12 Guest

Well i hate both, Fsclient lags like hell whilst trying to fly formation and you can't see other people's names, and FS gamespy disconnects nonstop and is so screwed up. So, i'm sort of stuck here...

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...