Repaint

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Especially for radarman

After reading about 12 different tutorials Read Read Read - some with conflicting instructions and a forthight's crash course Umm... Umm... on Paintshop Pro I have finally repainted an aircraft and thought it would be appropriate if it was associated with our leading helper and counsellor.
Hope you like it-

Answers 21 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

👏 That is so cool looking, I'm going to steal that Jpg for safe keeping, thanks very much davec.
I really do appreciate it, a DC3 with my "name", look out world here I come!

Radar

Pro Member Captain

Glad you like it 😂
I am delving more into this repaint business and hopefully I will soon be able to produce a more professional looking job. Still got to sort out some minor hitches (caused more by my ignorance than any fault in DXTBMP or PaintShop Pro programs) Embarassed If I live long enough to complete it I'll post a pic and work out some way to get the texture files to you. At the moment the texture files I produce are a bit bulky for transfer and take a long time to register in FS9 Spot Plane mode - but I have just read a way to get round this so I will be doing more experimenting. 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

When you get deeper into the sim than just flying it then it truly becomes a hobby.
Just look at all the people who are taking the class that Riclo is holding for aircraft building.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

Cool work Dave - well done !

Can't wait to book my first ticket for a flight in a DC-3 with Radarman Airways !

Pro Member Captain

For Radarman - just to let you know that I am still developing your old Dak. Sorry I had to fly it - had to test the weight of that radar equipment on the tail!! I did fly it where no one would recognise you - like the South Pole!! So people wouldn't confuse my bad flying with your smooth travail. 😉
Let me know if you have a different logo you would want. You can send them to me by PM. That one is not animated - don't think even FS9 caters for animated logos/liveries. 😂
Got a lot more to do - being a Dak, it needs some 'Go Fast' stripes but as I am using this as a learning experience you might even call it a 'guinea pig DC-3' 😉

Will keep you posted 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You are doing an amazing job, Clap I'm not only flattered but impressed. Thanks you, whatever you choose is more than fine with me.
Are you going to build the textures and I add them or put it together with an aircraft as a package Idea for anyone who wants to download it from here.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

Can you make me a custom plane? If so, please PM me.

Pro Member Captain

Chris102 wrote:

Can you make me a custom plane? If so, please PM me.

Not sure what you mean by 'make' ❓ At the moment I am only into the repaint side of it and certainly not capable of of building an a/c from scratch - even following Riclo's very good lessons!

Pro Member Captain

RadarMan wrote:

Are you going to build the textures and I add them or put it together with an aircraft as a package Idea for anyone who wants to download it from here.

Radar

In the first instance I will send you the Texture file/folder for you to copy into the existing DC-3 folder - cant remember if I used the default or downloaded the DC-3 - if I did I would need to ask permission from the maker. Any way I still have a bit to do and will think about uploading an a/c file when I get it finished (ever the optimist 😂 )

Pro Member Captain

Another development of your Bird Radarman -
I think you said you were from New Jersey??? Well you have the New Jesrsey Flag on the Rudder now. If you are not then I can easy cut the rudder off - that'll test your flying skills and taxi-ing 😂
I am getting another 10 knots out of it with the 'Go Fast' lines 😉
Here it is - sorry about the poor quality image but that is not important at the moment

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That's fantastic it looks like the cargo version of the default aircraft.
I still think you should make it a full upload, what can MS do to you if you give them credit. You could make a set of them on demand for different states, countries.
No I'm from California.
Very cool logo.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Dave,
We have a saying here KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid).
Load your texture into a folder and alter the cfg file so it also shows the Radar texture.
Anyone who wants can download a folder that contains the two folders.
1-textures
2-altered cfg file to overwrite the original.
Thereby anyone, a newbie can add it.
I can mail it to my friends if I ever fly with them, I haven't yet, someday...maybe. 🙄
Just like an exe. file anyone can operate it easier than dropping different folders, gauges, effects etc. into their respective folders.
Follow me?

Radar

Pro Member Captain

Yes - we have a saying here too in the Senior Citizens Club - I'm having a CRAFT moment - Cant Remember a Flipping Thing - soon fix the rudder Flag and sorry about that.
I am working on a little self install SDK prog for the benefit of those who have difficulty with it.
I have it set up on my FS9 Select Aircraft with 'Radarman' listed as a Variation and it works fine.
My problem is the upload time - I'm trying to keep the files as small as possible as it takes for ever on my DUN.

One question - what's that bloody bear doing on the Californian flag - thought it would have been Arnold!!!!
Just had my breakfast (7 pills and a cup of coffee) and my good lady is shouting about going shopping so will be with you later.
🍻

Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

Aloha Davec, I've been watching your progress, and it is exceptional. Not everyone catches on at the speed you are at. If you should ever need any specific questions about painting just ask ask and I'll do my best to help you. Ric

Pro Member Captain

Hi Ric,
Thanks for your kind words - it has taken me months to reach this stage but as most of the processes are repetitive even my old brain catches on eventually - after being out and in from the BXTBMP prog, Photoshop, even MS Paint and FS9 like a fiddler's elbow - I often have to look at the title bar to make sure what prog I'm in now!!!
Indeed I got a lot of encouragement from your lessons but will leave the a/c manufacturing to these young lads - the exterior decorating is enough for me.
No doubt I will run up against something that stumps me and I'll be on to you as quick as a flash - thanks again.
🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It looks great and your one pill up on me, 6 in the morning...getting old sucks! Doh!
A self installer would be a great thing for people to have, many just don't want to bother with adding the textures the old way.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

That looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you alter the cfg I can send that and the textures to my friends.

Radar

Pro Member Captain

Glad you like it 😂

Have almost got the cfg file amended and will forward you a copy soon.

It's way past my bedtime - 10 to 1 a.m. No wonder I'm an ugly plug - I never get any beauty sleep 😂
🍻

Pro Member Captain

Nearly there - getting down to the fine detail now

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Group Wave Group Wave

It looks like your having more fun than me.
Those little details are great. They add a touch of class!

Radar

Pro Member Captain

Just in case you think I have cleaned it up too much -

You can almost smell the fumes 🙄 You had better get flying before the fire truck catches you!!!! 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...