How to add different

Pro Member Trainee
shirke01 Trainee

How to add different Airlines trademark and logo in FS2004? I like to change trademark in 747

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Not sure I understand you correctly - see if this link pertains to your query ➡ https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/25386/changing-airline-list/

Pro Member Trainee
shirke01 Trainee

I like to have a singapore airline logo on 747. how to change the name and color.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

shirke01 wrote:

I like to have a singapore airline logo on 747. how to change the name and color.

You need a Singapore Airlines livery (textures) for a 747. Many are available but none for the default MSFS as far as I know.

Here are two links to 2 complete 747s, both with SIA liveries. You won't need anything else and installation is easy. Both are POSKY planes, they are much better than the default planes.

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=b744sq9vsmj.zip&Author=&CatID=root

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=b744sq9vspl.zip&Author=&CatID=root

If you are not a member with avsim.com yet, sign up for free - it only takes a couple of minutes.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

maybe he is meaning he wishes to repaint a aircraft? Maybe 😉

Pro Member Trainee
shirke01 Trainee

It doesn't work for me
i download it from this site http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=b744sq9vsmj.zip&Author=&CatID=root

I try exactly what is say in readme file
Install;

Just unzip the files in your FS2004 Aircraft directory..
you can find the aircraft in FS under the name;

Boeing/ 747-412 / Singapore Airlines

to install the 1000th Boeing 747 markings sheme
open up the texture map (wich is contained in the same folder as you have this readme)
copy 2 bmp files by the name; posky744_bodyl_t.bmp and posky744_bodyr_t.bmp copy them to
the folder named; "Backup" and leave them there
than head over to the map named; "1000th Boeing 747 Special sheme"
and copy (NOT CUT!) the 2 bmp files in this folder to the texture folder where you've just been
paste them into the folder when it says overwrite click yes to all
now start up FS

to undo the special sheme and return to the regular sheme just simply copy the 2 textures from the Backup folder to the texture folder and your done.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Shirke01 i've just had a look at the link and this seems to be the full Aircraft and textures,so after you've unzipped the file go into the "aircraft" folder and you shoulld find Boeing 747-412 or something similar, move this entire folder to your flight simulator 9 aircraft folder. If it has an effects folder open this and copy the effects to the FS9 effects folder. You should then find it under Opensky or Project Opensky in the create flight/select aircraft option in FS9.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

shirke01 wrote:

It doesn't work for me
i download it from this site http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=b744sq9vsmj.zip&Author=&CatID=root

I try exactly what is say in readme file
Install;

Just unzip the files in your FS2004 Aircraft directory..

to install the 1000th Boeing 747 markings sheme
open up the texture map (wich is contained in the same folder as you have this readme)
copy 2 bmp files by the name; posky744_bodyl_t.bmp and posky744_bodyr_t.bmp copy them to
the folder named; "Backup" and leave them there
than head over to the map named; "1000th Boeing 747 Special sheme"
and copy (NOT CUT!) the 2 bmp files in this folder to the texture folder where you've just been
paste them into the folder when it says overwrite click yes to all
now start up FS

to undo the special sheme and return to the regular sheme just simply copy the 2 textures from the Backup folder to the texture folder and your done.

I know what happened: You followed the wrong Readme file.

You followed the instructions of the Readme Repaint instead of the readme. It's much simpler:

The folder which contains the 'readme files' is named Posky B747-412 Singapore Airlines. This folder as it is has to go into your .../Flight Simulator 9/Aircraft ... directory. That's all. The aircraft will show up under Aircraft Manufacturer Boeing, the Type will be 747-412.

As I mentioned earlier, this is a complete aircraft, a "Posky" model painted in SIA colours. It is separate from the default Microsoft 747s and not to be confused. 😀

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Sorry Tailhook, i scrolled a bit too fast and missed your post did'nt mean to step on your toes!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Sorry Tailhook, i scrolled a bit too fast and missed your post did'nt mean to step on your toes!

Disaster has been averted as I'm in the habit of wearing steel-capped boots when I'm heading for the forums Idea

Long time no see Welshflyer, greetings 🍻

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

Nice to hear from you again too! Hope it's not too long till the next time. 😀

Pro Member Trainee
shirke01 Trainee

Tailhook'

I did exactly said above and it work except no sound. when press P still no sound. how to get the sound back. works on other but not this one.

Pro Member Trainee
shirke01 Trainee

I just find out other problem the Altimeter is not working either.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

shirke01 wrote:

Tailhook'

I did exactly said above and it work except no sound. when press P still no sound. how to get the sound back. works on other but not this one.

The person who uploaded the file overlooked the fact that the sound is aliased to B747 - by default you don't have a 747 soundset in FS. Even the default 747 is aliased to the 737 (sound).

The problem is easily rectified:

Open the sound folder of the aircraft we've just installed.

Double-click on the sound.cfg. (If it doesn't want to open, right-click instead of double-click and select Open With... NOTEPAD.

You should now see the following:

[fltsim]
alias=B747_400\sound

All you have to do is to change it to:

[fltsim]
alias=B737_400\sound

Now close and save changes when prompted. You will have sound now.

Pro Member Trainee
shirke01 Trainee

Thanks Tailhook

Sound is back. The only problem i had is take off from runway. 747 take off from ground speed at 85Kn and drag until it reach at 195Kn and then take off from there. how to fix this problem.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

shirke01 wrote:

Thanks Tailhook

Sound is back. The only problem i had is take off from runway. 747 take off from ground speed at 85Kn and drag until it reach at 195Kn and then take off from there. how to fix this problem.

Try this:

Load the aircraft - don't make any changes to Fuel and Payload.

Set Flaps to 50%

Start Rotation at 140

IMPORTANT: Do NOT over-rotate or you will get a tailstrike!

I think what you referred to as '...drag until it reach at 195Kn' was caused by rotating too soon and over-rotating at the same time.

There is a big difference between flying a MS default 747 or a Posky 747. The Poskys are more realistic which means you have to pay more attention to detail.

If you want to study the correct procedures for the Posky 747 in depth, you can download this file ➡ http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=747-version-2004-8-5.zip&Author=&CatID=root

Inside is a folder (747-Manual) which contains amongst others a Checklist and an Operations Manual.

Good luck 😀

Pro Member Trainee
shirke01 Trainee

Tailhook,
Thanks for above link.
Can you pointed me to link complete 747s

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=posky+747&CatID=fs2004&Go=Search

Here is plenty to choose from. As you can see, the first file on the first page are just wingviews - I suggest you ignore that one for the moment.

The following files are Posky/Opensky models, most of them complete, but not all of them.

Look at the second file on the page: os743fcfv3abc.zip. This is not an aircraft but only the textures/repaint. How do I know?
Click on ZipDive and you'll see the following:

2845 12-Aug-06 16:36 readme.txt
65936 14-Sep-02 20:49 texture.ABC/posky743fan.bmp
66400 14-Sep-02 20:51 texture.ABC/posky743fanfast.bmp
1048650 12-Aug-06 14:27 texture.ABC/posky743_bodyl_l.bmp
... and so on.

Look at the third file on the page: opensky_747_400_air_canada.zip.
Click on ZipDive and you'll see the following:

9260 10-Nov-02 20:53 Opensky_747_400 Air Canada/747-400-GE-CF6-80C2B1.air
71941 27-Nov-03 17:30 Opensky_747_400 Air Canada/7471.jpg
160690 27-Nov-03 17:30 Opensky_747_400 Air Canada/7472.jpg
147207 27-Nov-03 17:13 Opensky_747_400 Air Canada/7473.jpg
23004 27-Nov-03 15:13 Opensky_747_400 Air Canada/Aircraft.cfg
0 27-Nov-03 17:17 Opensky_747_400 Air Canada/model/
113163 27-Oct-02 03:37 Opensky_747_400 Air Canada/model/mdlcode.jpg
38 25-Nov-03 22:44 Opensky_747_400 Air Canada/model/Model.cfg
1706928 11-May-03 22:34 Opensky_747_400 Air Canada/model/POSKY743CCF65T24BA.mdl
1788140 11-Nov-02 14:52 Opensky_747_400 Air Canada/model/POSKY744PGET12SBA.mdl
0 27-Nov-03 17:17 Opensky_747_400 Air Canada/panel/
34 17-Sep-02 03:52 Opensky_747_400 Air Canada/panel/panel.cfg
2859 27-Nov-03 17:35 Opensky_747_400 Air Canada/readme.txt
0 27-Nov-03 17:17 Opensky_747_400 Air Canada/sound/
32 18-Apr-01 04:19 Opensky_747_400 Air Canada/sound/sound.cfg
... and so on.

The first line is the .air file: 747-400-GE-CF6-80C2B1.air
The fifth line is the: Aircraft.cfg ... and so on.

In short, if the .zip file you are about to download contains .air file and aircraft.cfg, the aircraft is complete.

A final note: Posky/Opensky have made many different models of the 747. The .air file, see above, gives you the model and the engines used for that aircraft in real life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.projectopensky.com/

This is the Posky website. Click on downloads and look for the 747s.
This is a simpler way of getting your Posky 747s but not all available aircraft are listed here. 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...