FS Flight Plan Duration Estimator

Jamie4590 Guest

How accurate is the flight time estimator in FS2004?

In FS2002 if I select a 1000nm flight in Concorde it gives a flight duration of about 1 hour which must mean I fly at cruise speed (M2.04) from the departing runway to the destination runway. There seems to be no time allocated for other flight phases such as climb and descent.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
futurepilot Guest

I learned this on the FSPassengers website: The estimated time to complete the route is based on if you`re always going the speed they put on the Nav Log and also does not include taxiing. So really, you would have to start in the direction of the flight path and correct speed, and going right into the airport and where you stop is the end of the flight. So really, the estimated time to complete is accurate if you do that. If you did a flight correctly, it would really take almost an hour longer total than the estimated time. Good thing you can save the flight! Hope this helps.

Pro Member Captain
Welshflyer Captain

The normal way of logging flight times is brakes off, to brakes on, this is considered to be the total flight time! 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Have a look what ARD-DC has to say in this post Jamie, it could be of interest to you:

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/25244/fsp-and-timing/#159260

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...