Crash Effects

Pro Member First Officer
Jason (Av8r77) First Officer

What's a good freeware add on for Crash Effects?

Explosions, dirt flyin...ya know...for when you're kickin back with a Miller and want to show your friends what you are really made of!

Answers 18 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Elkin Guest

I'll show you crash effects!!!! I'll post some.

Pro Member Trainee
thesweetlycool Trainee
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Av8r77 wrote:

Explosions, dirt flyin...ya know...for when you're kickin back with a Miller and want to show your friends what you are really made of!

The only thing I don't understand is why you want to show your friends how you screwed up?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Av8r77 wrote:

The only thing I don't understand is why you want to show your friends how you screwed up?

Each to his own... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

I suppose you're right. It's the old game vs. simulator thing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Microsoft classifies FS as a Game.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

crash effects certainly have their place as I think they would be great for if a wheels up landing was necessary or if not all the landing gear extended etc ..

showing your friends how great you are at crashing seems a bit odd though

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Microsoft classifies FS as a Game.

They also say it is as real as it gets. What's your point?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The point is it's as real as a game can get. (According to Microsoft).

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

The point is it's as real as a game can get. (According to Microsoft).

Then MS is being intentionally deceptive by calling the product Flight Simulator?

Doom, Quake, Chess, Checkers, Poker, etc., are games. They all share common elements. They all have some form of competition with an opponent. They all have some means of scoring your performance against that opponent.

Flight simulator contains neither of these elements.Since it attempts to replicate the dyamics of flying and nothing else, it is a simulation. It is not a simulator accurate enough to be used in pilot training. It is, nonetheless, a simulator.

If you prefer to trivialize your activities in using FS and call it playing a game, you have every right to do so. I won't stop you.

Last edited by CrashGordon on Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

If you prefer to trivialize your activities in using FS and call it playing a game,...

It seems to me you're jumping to conclusions.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Well, if you agree with MS, I rest my case. If you just offered the statement "Microsoft classifies FS as a Game." as a red herring just to provoke a reaction, then there is no point in discussing the issue because you are being disingenuous.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

MS has "Divisions", Windows, Office etc.
The Game Division handles all games including FS9 and the X-Box. They (MS) call it a "Simulator" but it is made in the Game Division.
I hope that helps
Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Technically accurate. 😀

The best evidence I can show that MS doesn't consider FS to be a game is that they have never produced a version for the X-Box. The reason? It doesn't provide the levels of violence, carnage and gore that gamers think is cool.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I think that we will all agree on something...
FS is a challenge for our imagination because you dont have any specific thing to do(kill all enemies,pass the hill,find the key or anything like these)It pushes us to create our virtual trips to destinations that most of us will never reach and under conditions we would like to face up with huge collections of crafts,sceneries etc.
So FS ,game or not, its a mind challenge...it needs mind work before take off,during flight,after flight and untill the next one.
It isnt gives us a specific scenario to run.We write this scenario.
I have play and still playing a lot of games.
The feeling that FS gives me is something totally different from these games.
If this is a reason to separate FS from games i will accept it,but anyway its a great challenge and keep mind wake and learn us things that without FS we will never learn.

My humble opinion. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
lkw First Officer

Time to step back for a cool one. Game or simulator you crash you loose.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...