Do you really need more traffic in FS06

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

OK, I've been reading about the changes to FS2006 post of radarman's, and while some ideas were horrible (being able to shoot down other planes) Nearly all seemed cool.

Here's a thought though, and it dawned on me after I had posted as such anyway.

My system Specs.

WINDOWS XP HOME

Pentium 4 2.8GHz Processor

2GB DDR RAM

ATI RADEON X800XT Platunum Edition 256GDDR3 Graphics Card

80GB Hard drive.

Now, most of you woudl think, "WHOA, super computer, I bet he has Ultimate Traffic up at 100%, with everything set at highest and gets awesoem frames. Yes, I do get awesome frames, but heres why

I have traffic density set at 22% of max, and I get frames of around 18-19 at O'Haire. Most every slider is all the way up, so it looks awesome, but, think of this, I get these frames with a very powerful CPU. I remember what it was like to have to turn everything down in order to run the sim, cause i had a crap PC for a while.

If I set traffic to 100%, I get frames of 5-9 at O'Haire.

Now I ask you...do we really need more traffic?

Will we really notice it? Most of the time, the aircraft are just sitting there anyway. It's nice to see a few, but the functionality pretty much ends there. It doesnt add a sense of immersion into the simulator. Half the time, or more like 99% of the time, I get one or 2 planes that I see flying. So it's not a big deal to me. We can deal with a LITTLE bit more traffic, but If we have things like virtual cabin with people, it'll make for a huge program, and it'll destroy most computers that are not top of the line. So, those with older PC's taht struggle with FS as it is now...What do you really thing???

"More Useful Everyday" 😛

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Fire_Emblem,

I have heard of the issues you are talking about here. I think I remember from a previous post that you are using Ultimate Traffic? I hear UT is good. For whatever reason I initially chose to install 'My Traffic 2004'. MT is easy on the frame rate and at night sitting at the gate in Honolulu and elsewhere I get a full traffic pattern. Looking out to the end of runway you see a diamond necklace of traffic lining up on approach, final and landing. Occasionally there is a go around or two. Very realistic. I recommend 'My Traffic' highly. If there is a way to do it I will send it to you to download so you wouldn't have to pay for it.

I agree with you that any newer version of FS might not incorporate additional traffic as we here in the community independently configure it all. -Thanks for the post. Very interesting info bro.

Check out: http://www.fstraffic.com/

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Hey, do you have either yahoo or MSN messengers? if so, we can talk, and see what can be done... 😎

MSN Big_Beia@hotmail.com

Yahoo fire_emblem_master@yahoo.com

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Fire_Emblem,

Yup, I am on MSN but not Yahoo! MSN=email Georgebrinton1@msn.com IM Screen name= Georgebrinton1

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...