Getting Visual flight path to work

Ryan8000 Guest

hi wondering if anyone can help me with my problem getting the visual flight path to work??Im currently practising on FS 2004 i do know how to access it on the menu and length but it seems never to be seen its worked once and never again.Does it have to be a default plane or what?? Can some one please take me through it Step-To-Step

Thanks xx

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Using the Visual Flight Path -from the Learning Center within FS.

Your highway in the sky

The Visual Flight Path makes it easier to fly a selected VOR radial or instrument landing system (ILS) approach. The Path puts a "follow me" display in the sky. To stay on course, just follow the display. The Visual Flight Path is especially useful when you're trying to learn the relationship between the VOR needles in your cockpit and the path to the VOR station.

The Visual Flight Path displays a variety of visual shapes for you to follow. You can lock the Path to an ILS or VOR signal, and select the spacing and density of the path that Flight Simulator displays on the window.

Activating the Visual Flight Path

You must have the Visual Flight Path enabled to see the display in the sky.

To activate Visual Flight Path

On the Aircraft menu, click Visual Flight Path.
Select the Enable Visual Flight Path check box.
Click OK.

Linking Visual Flight Path to Navigational Aids

You must have a VOR or ILS tuned into one of your radios in order to see the Visual Flight Path when selecting this option.

To lock the Visual Flight Path to a VOR or ILS

Tune a nav radio to the navigation facility you want to track.
In the Visual Flight Path dialog box, select Nav1 or Nav2 in the Linked radio list.
Set any options in the dialog box that you want to change.
Click OK.

Setting Visual Flight Path Shape

Use the Guide Shape list to choose the type of display you want: Rectangles, Telephone poles, Hoops, or Yellow brick road.

To choose how you want the Path to display

In the Type box, select Rectangles, Telephone poles, Yellow brick road, or Hoops.
Click OK.

Setting Visual Flight Path Density

You can choose how densely Flight Simulator places the guides along your path.

To set the Visual Flight Path density

In the Number of guides list, select Low, Medium, or High.
Click OK.

Setting Visual Flight Path Spacing

You can choose how far apart Flight Simulator will place guides along your path.

To set the Visual Flight Path spacing

In the Distance between guides list, select Low, Medium, or High.
Click OK.

Plotting an Intercepting Path

You can have the Visual Flight Path draw an intercepting path to the radial or final approach course that you have set on the Omni Bearing Selector of a VOR or ILS.

To plot an intercepting path

Select the Plot intercept path check box.
Click OK.

Setting Guide Altitude

You can set the altitude at which the guides appear. If the Visual Flight Path is linked to an ILS, the Path will follow the glide slope on the approach phase of the flight.

To set the guide altitude

Type an altitude in the Draw guide at this altitude box.
Click OK.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...