How Do you Set up Visual flight paths

xplosiv3 Guest

hey just wondered how you set up visual flight path...i cant find anything with like a visual tutorials..and the one on FSX is basic if you know where to look and how to tune a NAV...im pretty new to it..about 2 weeks now..so if anyone knows a FSX for dumbies help lol...or can explain in detail easier terms .

any help would be welcome 😛..i just signed up hope to be spending many hours here.. 😛

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
Austin (AirAustin) Trainee

I`m not exactly sure, but maybe I could be of some help; but first, you must set up a flight plan, wether it`s VFR or IFR. Are you doing that? Also, what will be your nickname for Flyaway Simulation?

Xplosiv£ Guest

il just keep my my nickname xplosiv3.......just waitin for the account to get set up as the email said.....

yeah i set up a flight plan...the map shows a line and my GPS shows my path...it says to turn on visual flight plan in the air craft menu..i browes there little menu on the flight controls...got nothing that points me to that..

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain
xplosiv3 Guest

yeah i looked at that information..its got the same for FSX baiscly.....but i got a little further i set it up as said...turned it to NAV1 but the path wount come up on the screen....is the Radio nav system already tuned to the flight path or must it be done manually, im not sure where to get the info to tune it 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

You have to use NAV 1 and VOR or ILS(that you're near and receiving a signal) and manually tune the frequency. You have to be very near that course to see the indicators.

Pro Member Trainee
xplosiv3 Trainee

yaeh its the turning part that is the part im stuck with baiscly.....

im flying the bombardier learjet 45

and want take off at EGKK (GAtwick)

and land in EGFF (cardiff)....

on the NAV1 control there is two sets up numbers....how do i find out what number to tune in? and do i tune in the top line or the botton line ...coz u can only tune in the bottom line..then swap them over and tune the other line

thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Each NAV radio has two frequency windows(side by side), the window on the right is the standby location and the one on the left is the active window. The standby window is the only one you can tune. Once you have the correct frequency in the standby location, hit the switch between the two windows to place the frequency in the active window. Below this in NAV 2 and it works the same way.

I don't have FSX so my explanation is based on the standard radio stack in most aircraft.

Visual Flight path only works on VOR radials, Localizers and ILS, it won't work with the GPS.

The frequencies are on the map mode, click the airport symbol for the ILS frequency or the VOR for the VOR frequency.

PS You also have to select it from the top menu and choose an altitude( only good for one).

Last edited by CRJCapt on Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
sinebar Trainee

CRJCapt wrote:

You have to use NAV 1 and VOR or ILS(that you're near and receiving a signal) and manually tune the frequency. You have to be very near that course to see the indicators.

Will the flight path aids set you up for landing or just get to the runway?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

You have to set the radios for the ILS, the visual indicators will then show the course(and follow the Glideslope down). Get you to the runway.

Pro Member Trainee
xplosiv3 Trainee

i think im almost there..just one problem......which is really stupid one...lol.....how do i bring up the menu bar along the top the window while in the plane...this is so i can acitvate the visual path...its poped up on me a few times but i dont know how lol......

thanks...duh....me

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

ALT key

Pro Member Trainee
xplosiv3 Trainee

Surprised ok maybe im not so stupid....ALT key...sorted lol..

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...