runway lights

Pro Member Trainee
mikebl Trainee

How do you turn on runway lights at an unattened field after dark? Do you tune in Unicom and key the mic?

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

mikebl wrote:

How do you turn on runway lights at an unattened field after dark? Do you tune in Unicom and key the mic?

Yes, seven times for full brightness

Pro Member Trainee
mikebl Trainee

Thank you.

I've been looking at this site since July and don't really post too much. Somehow I knew that you would come up with my answer. Is there anything you Don't know about FLTSIM???

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Oh yes! There's much I don't know, I just try hard to help people. Thanks for noticing. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Odyssey First Officer

mikebl wrote:

I wasn't aware that this could be done so thanks for asking the question otherwise I would have never known. I'm assuming you get the Unicom frequency from the GPS but what is meant by 'key the mic' and 'seven times for full brightness'?

Thanks

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I don't know if the feature is in FSX or not but in the real world, unattended airports often have radio transmitters connected to the airport lighting systems. An approaching pilot using the radio set to the correct frequency, normally Unicom, presses the transmit button(keys the mike) a certain number of time for specific light intensities. 7 clicks for full brightness.

Pro Member First Officer
Odyssey First Officer

Oh I see. Very good. Is this a feature of FS9?

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Odyssey wrote:

Oh I see. Very good. Is this a feature of FS9?

I've never actually looked but I don't think so.

Pro Member First Officer
Odyssey First Officer

Okay. No problem.

Thanks for your help.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...