Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

carrier pack

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

414David
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:23 pm 

Hey guys, i'm new here on flyawaysim and i need some help with the downloadable carrier pack, you're supposed to be able to fly a variety of aircraft like the hornet, tomcat and so on..
The thing is I don't know how to install it... yes i'm a newbie... please help.
Well thats the first problem, there is allso a F/A-18 download that I don't know how to install aswell but if I manage, with your help, to install the carrierpack I won't need to install another hornet.

So help me with the carrier please.

Thank you..
CRJCapt
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:33 pm 

Welcome flyaway 414David, Cheers!

I'm no expert on installing aircraft but I'm sure someone here can help. If you'll give us the full name of the program, location of it's website and confirm that this is for Flight Simulator 2004, it will help us. For now, do the following:

1. Read the "Readme" file that should be in the program or in the literature, it should have all the instructions.

2. Insure that your system exceeds the minimum requirements on the box, the more it does the better.
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:39 am 

414David wrote:
Hey guys, i'm new here on flyawaysim and i need some help with the downloadable carrier pack, you're supposed to be able to fly a variety of aircraft like the hornet, tomcat and so on..
The thing is I don't know how to install it... yes i'm a newbie... please help.
Well thats the first problem, there is allso a F/A-18 download that I don't know how to install aswell but if I manage, with your help, to install the carrierpack I won't need to install another hornet.

So help me with the carrier please.

Thank you..

Welcome David,

the carriers, the carriers... what a mess! It's a carrier jungle out there and many of them have been reworked and reworked. Now it's all right and they look and work great, but if you're new to installing (especially carriers) you'll soon end up with a bad headache.

But.. not all is lost. Sign up for free with avsim.com if you haven't done so yet. The process is painless and instantaneous.

Now download this file Arrow https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2893/fs2004-cvn-65-carrier-off-puerto-rico-scenery/

It is in my experience the easiest carrier to install for beginners AND... it works. The Readme Text Document included in the .zip file explains in simple terms how to install it.

Anymore questions regarding this project - don't be shy. Hack

Very Happy
414David
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:32 pm 

I wont be shy hehe...
well I already have some carriers so it's not just the carriers I want. Actually it's the hornet. But since the Carrierops had both carriers and aircraft it seemed like a good deal.
Now, i have got some probs with the superhornet download, can't figure out how to install that one, even when i do the things they say in the read me, unzip and put everything in the FS9 aircraft folder.. well it doesnt work
thanks again.. and i feel very welcome here thanks, btw it's an awsome site this one. Very Happy

"If you'll give us the full name of the program, location of it's website and confirm that this is for Flight Simulator 2004, it will help us."
It's the carrierops here on flyaway, I don't know the whole name but if you search for "hornet" or "carrier" on this website you will find it, just scroll down. thanks again.
CRJCapt
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:31 pm 

I downloaded the file and took a look, I'm no expert but this is what I think.

1. Copy the contents, not the folders, into the folder within FS9 of the same name.

2. Looks like the only full aircraft is the FA-18, copying the folder [FA-18_SuperHornet] into the FS9 Aircraft folder should work.
414David
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:45 pm 

1, carrierops-> copy the content to the folder with the same name eg textures, copy hte texture content to the FS9 texture file.. am I right?

2, just copy the fa-18 file to the aircraft file?
CRJCapt
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:10 pm 

414David wrote:
1, carrierops-> copy the content to the folder with the same name eg textures, copy hte texture content to the FS9 texture file.. am I right?

2, just copy the fa-18 file to the aircraft file?

1. I think you have it but there is no texture file(main file) in the download. Unzip the files to a temporary location. The files are:
a. add on scenery
b. effects
c. gauges
d. modules
e. aircraft
f. sound
g. flight simulator 9
Copy the contents(don't just copy the outer folder with the contents) of these folder(of the downloaded files), one at a time. Paste them into the same named files(already there)inside FS.

2. When you complete #1 above you will have the Hornet file in the Aircraft file(in FS9) so yes.
414David
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:37 pm 

Okay I think I got it...
well thank you for your help.. I will probably call out for more help later on but for now I'm cool... thanks
VegasFlyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:59 pm 

Welcome to the forums 414David Very Happy Cheers!

Nice job CRJ Exclamation Clap
CRJCapt
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:51 pm 

414David: I was not sure if all that was correct but if it works, great.

VegasFlyer: Thanks
414David
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:34 pm 

na it didn't work with the carrier.. starting to get tired of trying with that one
but the F/A-18E superhornet.. that is a tricky one..I sure do want it, so its basicly just to copy the main file into the FS9 aircraft folder?EDIT: that didn't work.. Walk me through the F/A-18E Superhornet please
Sorry i have to be such a pain guys but i'll just stick to my newbie shield..
CRJCapt
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:40 pm 

Sorry, I tried. Maybe a better "aircraft installer" can help you. Sad
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:13 am 

414David wrote:
I wont be shy hehe...
well I already have some carriers so it's not just the carriers I want. Actually it's the hornet.

Well that narrows things down, doesn't it. On the other hand, reading through the whole thread so far
..but the F/A-18E superhornet.. that is a tricky one..I sure do want it..
I wish I could read your mind.

If you want the best freeware F/A-18E Super Hornet, than this is the file Arrow https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/816/fs2004-boeing-f-18e-super-hornet/
Installation is absolutely painless and it has a tailhook. Here are a few screenies I just took:

The tailhook extended:

Takeoff:

Visible effects:

Superhornet's belly:

So if you already have a carrier with arrcabs, you'll be able to shoot the trap with this baby.
414David
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:52 pm 

CRJCapt wrote:
Sorry, I tried. Maybe a better "aircraft installer" can help you. Sad

Thanks for your help anyway! I'm glad I found this website, and you guys are very understanding and helpful unlike some people at some other sites.
I will now try wit this other superhornet... hope it works.
As I'm a swede my eyes caught the Draken, JAS and Viggen addons but I must say no cockpit? no gear?... that was quite a dissapointment.. but hey still got the airframes so im a bit happy anyways..
Now the superhornet.. wish me luck
414David
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:53 pm 

I don't get it... even with an installer it doesn't work.. what should I write in the installationdirectory if I havn't installed the original game in C:program/microsoft games/Flightsimulator 9? Maybe I should just reinstall the whole game and start all over again.
If you're not armoured, dig deep.
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:50 am 

414David wrote:
I don't get it... even with an installer it doesn't work.. what should I write in the installationdirectory if I havn't installed the original game in C:program/microsoft games/Flightsimulator 9? Maybe I should just reinstall the whole game and start all over again.

First of all David, I do hope that you got the file I linked you to from avsim.com.
If you just get any other F/A-18E Super Hornet from another site, there is a good chance that it will be a different package which can mean that the installation procedures are different and often difficult to figure out.

Presuming you have the file I've linked you to, do the following:

First create a temporary folder preferably on your desktop. I'm stressing FIRST because this installer will not let you create a new folder during the process and you'd have to cancel and start all over again.

After you've extracted the contents of the .zip file, you'll end up with a folder called: fa18sh41. Open it and double-click on the 'fa18sh41 Self Extractor...' it's the icon that looks like a microwave oven. This is the actual installer.

Now the important part: When the Extractor/Wizard arrives at the 'Select the folder where files will be installed..' - you must change the target destination by clicking on the Browse button and negotiating to the temporary folder you've created at the beginning.

In my case it's: Desktop / f-18. Click OK and continue with the installation/extraction wizard.

No open the temporary folder you've created and inside you'll find the following:

2 text documents

1 install DAT file

1 Aircraft folder

1 Effects folder

Open the Aircraft folder and you'll find the FA-18E_SuperHornet folder. Copy and paste this folder into your "fs9 Aircraft Directory".

Open the Effects folder and you'll find five effects inside. Copy and paste those five effects into your "fs9 Effects Folder".

This completes the installation process. Keep it simple, do only what I've outlined above at this stage and you'll have the complete aircraft ready to fly.

You've probably noticed that there is also a folder called 'Advanced Setup'. Save that folder somewhere - you can look into it and figure it out at a later stage. It is NOT required for the installation we've discussed above. It is an extra for a time when you like to experiment with enhancements.

Draken Arrow https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1196/fs2004-2002-saab-j35-draken/

Viggen Arrow https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1206/fs2004-fs2002-saab-ja37-viggen/

Jas Arrow https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1226/fs2004-f2002-saab-jas39-gripen-b/
414David
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:27 pm 

Well I will now proceed and do the exact same thing that you just explained to me. My god, the draken, viggen and Jas addons are incredible... thank you very much..
now back to my installation.. thanks again..
414David
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:07 pm 

HAAALLELUJAA!!!! There it is now up and running, well I've learned something new about this kind of installation procedure all thanks to you. THe Viggen addon doesn't have a cockpit nor any sound.. is it supposed to be that way? I'm very impressed with the Draken addon, very impressed.
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:35 am 

414David wrote:
THe Viggen addon doesn't have a cockpit nor any sound.. is it supposed to be that way?

Well yes and no. Sometimes the person who uploads the file just simply forgets which I suspect could be the case here since the file description says 'flyable'. Of course it's flyable without a panel and sound - but hey Rolling Eyes

Often the files don't include their own individual panel or sound because they either don't exist or to include them in the .zip file would simply make the download too big.

Don't give up on the Viggen yet, the simplest way is to copy and paste a sound folder and a panel folder out of an existing aircraft (one you have) and paste them into your SAJA37 Viggen folder.

Note: Before you copy / paste a sound or panel folder over to another aircraft, open them and make sure that they actually contain sounds and bitmaps respectively.
Often the sound and panel folders only contain a .cfg file which alias the sound or panel to another aircraft. If you don't have that aircraft or you have renamed it, those .cfg files won't find whatever their aliased to.

If you need any more clarification on this or don't understand the 'aliasing principle', it's really pretty simple. Just ask.
Welshflyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:35 am 

Sorry to hijack your thread but i wonder if Tailhook can answer a question for me. I have carriers 2006 and in the carriers section in "country" in fs9 there are about 40/50 carriers ish, but only about 15 of them actually show up, if you select the others the aircraft is just sitting on the water, i know this because i have selected each and every one and made a note of the ones that actually show up (it took ages Sad ).Any idea why the others are'nt there?
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:24 am 

I can't tell you offhand Welshflyer, I haven't gotten around re-installing it yet. I do remember that during a previous install I had problems because I didn't pay enough attention to the 'Ocean Flatten Files' -- something about priority in the list.
Check your installation procedure again and see if you've missed something.

I know I'm not answering your question, but the best way of finding the problem is always to go through the procedure for oneself. Give me a day or two, I will get stuck into it and see if I have the same problem. I'll get back to you on that.

Actually, I just saw this in the Install Instructions:
To find the carriers go to the Flightsim "World/Go to Airport..." menu and type in the Airport ID: ACXX [XX = number of the carrier 01 to 18] or Airport name: "U" and a list of the USS (carrier Names) will show up.

This could indicate that only 18 of the carriers have a hard deck.

This is "From the original author-Notepad" :

18 CARRIERS ARE INCLUDED:

* CV-67 USS Kennedy
-- Persian Gulf, off the coast of Kuwait (N29:10 E48:35)
-- Atlantic Ocean, East of Jacksonville NAS, FL USA (N30:10 W80:40)

* CVN-68 USS Nimitz
-- Sea of Japan, near South/North Korea border (N38:40 E128:47)
-- Tasman Sea, off New South Wales, Australia (S31:17 E153:22)

* CVN-69 USS Eisenhower
-- Atlantic Ocean, East of Oceana NAS, VA USA (N37:02 W75:01)
-- Gulf of Sidra, off the coast of Libya (N31:08 E18:09)

* CVN-70 USS Vinson
-- Indian Ocean, off the coast of Somalia (N3 E47)
-- South China Sea, Southwest of Taiwan (N22 E119)

* CVN-71 USS Roosevelt
-- Arabian Sea, West of Karachi, Pakistan (N25 E66:19)
-- Bay of Bengal, off the coast of Burma (Myanmar) (N20:30 E92)

* CVN-72 USS Lincoln
-- Gulf of Santa Catalina, Northwest of Miramar NAS, CA USA (N33:15 W117:45)

* CVN-73 USS Washington
-- East Mediterranean Sea, near Lebanon and Israel (N33:05 E34:43)
-- Lower Adriatic Sea, near Albania and Montenegro (N41:37 E19:03)

* CVN-74 USS Stennis
-- Strait of Juan de Fuca, West of Whidbey Island NAS, WA USA (N48:19 W123:59)
-- Pacific Ocean, off the coast of Nicaragua (N12:10 W87:24)

* CVN-75 USS Truman
-- North Sea, East of Scotland (N56:30 E0:30) (not so far from oil rigs depicted in UKOILRIG.ZIP)
-- Atlantic Ocean, off the coast of Sao Paolo, Brazil (S25 W46)
-- South of Ivory Coast, Africa (S5 W5)

My guess is at this stage that the remaining carriers are AI only Think
414David
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:27 am 

Tailhook wrote:
414David wrote:
THe Viggen addon doesn't have a cockpit nor any sound.. is it supposed to be that way?

Well yes and no. Sometimes the person who uploads the file just simply forgets which I suspect could be the case here since the file description says 'flyable'.

Ok, well i will try but im not sure about what you mean... My english is quite good but not that good..
But for now Im just in love with my Draken, gripen and superhornet
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:46 am 

414David wrote:
Tailhook wrote:
414David wrote:

Well yes and no. Sometimes the person who uploads the file just simply forgets which I suspect could be the case here since the file description says 'flyable'.

Ok, well i will try but im not sure about what you mean... My english is quite good but not that good..
But for now Im just in love with my Draken, gripen and superhornet

Your English is very good indeed... maybe that's why you don't understand my gibberish. Laughing

I personally am not that fond of the Draken though it's a nice complete package. I've put the sound and the panel of one of my F-14s into the Viggen and it works perfectly well. I'm not sure how realistic the FDE is, but this thing takes off like a rocket. Accordingly, she takes her time to bleed speed despite spoiler. It's a beautiful visual model with good quality textures. I'm gonna look at the Gripen next.

Which carrier are you using then?
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:35 am 

Welshflyer wrote:
Sorry to hijack your thread but i wonder if Tailhook can answer a question for me. I have carriers 2006 and in the carriers section in "country" in fs9 there are about 40/50 carriers ish, but only about 15 of them actually show up, if you select the others the aircraft is just sitting on the water, i know this because i have selected each and every one and made a note of the ones that actually show up (it took ages Sad ).Any idea why the others are'nt there?

OK I've installed the carr2006 by the book. The result is a total of 23 hard deck carriers. I select them by typing into the 'Airport ID:' -AC and AC01 through AC23 appear. I haven't tried every single one, but about 5 or 6 in different parts of the world and they are all identical.

You say about 40/50 carriers, I can only assume that you've got other carrier packages installed as well and that they somehow got mixed up.

Inside the Addon Scenery/Carriers2006/Scenery Folder there are 18 AF2xx .BGLs and 18 Trafficxx .BGLs respectively, yet I have 23 carriers -- I can't work it out.

We should keep in mind that this package has been updated and repackaged several times over the years and reading the documentation of the different versions makes your head spin.
Sorry Welshflyer, this is an unsatisfactory result. But while we're still at it I'd like to know how you manage to take off in the lovely Viking (thanks for the link) -seeing that the carrier2006 package doesn't have a cat?? Oh I can take off - I mean I can clear the carrier deck but keep ending up in the drink Tomato

What's the secret? Help!

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:15 pm 

Try using this addon at Avsim. rcbco-20.zip
Welshflyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:28 pm 

The gentleman above beat me to the answer,you can install in any aircraft to allow takeoff from carriers! It can be a bit tricky though so if you have any probs i'll post the aircraft cfgs that i adapted!
414David
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:14 pm 

tailhook wrote:
Your English is very good indeed... maybe that's why you don't understand my gibberish. Laughing

I personally am not that fond of the Draken though it's a nice complete package. I've put the sound and the panel of one of my F-14s into the Viggen and it works perfectly well. I'm not sure how realistic the FDE is, but this thing takes off like a rocket. Accordingly, she takes her time to bleed speed despite spoiler. It's a beautiful visual model with good quality textures. I'm gonna look at the Gripen next.

Which carrier are you using then?

Well Thank you sir, my english teacher is not sharing your opinion.. but that might have to do with other things.. Anyways, do you think you can send me your F/14 panel and sound that you are using for the Viggen. The f-14 and viggen along with the f-16 are from the same era so i think thats why the f-14 panel get along with the viggen. Well maybe I Like the Draken because my dad was so close to become a fighterpilot and if he would have he would have flown a draken and maybe Viggen.

anyways, I would be very happy if you would send me the cocpit and sound youre using for your viggen, you can mail me at david_svensson88hotmail.com
Thanks again for your effort to bring me some sanity in this world of madness.
Welshflyer
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:05 pm 

Tailhook, i thought i'd post a lttle info on this Rcb gauge thing.
Once you have installed the gauges into FS9.
If you see "window04" in the window titles, i added this after the last entry which was window03 in this case.
Then added the actual window04 information after window03(see below).
The RCB Gauge then appears at the left hand side of the cockpit.You can increase the launch speed by placing the cursor over the numbers,and then arm the launch gauge by clicking the switch.Be aware though that you do not have to press this switch to launch, as soon as you hit the brakes keyboard (period) tab you will be launched.

[Window Titles]
Window00=Main Panel
Window01=Enlarged PFD
Window02=Electrics
Window03=GPS
window04=Meatball
window05=Radio/CD Player

[VIEWS]
VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=0,20,90,GPS_PANEL

VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=3.000, 0.000, 0.000

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Window00]
file_1024=main.bmp
size_mm=1024
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=7
visible=1
ident=0
window_size= 1.000, 1.000
window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

gauge00=S3B.N1, 803,482,50,180
gauge01=S3B.N2, 838,482,50,180
gauge02=S3B.Power, 876,482,50,180
gauge03=S3B.Temp, 908,482,50,180
gauge04=S3_Gauges!PFD, 446,452,100,100
gauge05=S3_Gauges!HSI, 445,548,102,102
gauge06=S3_Gauges!VSI Indicator, 341,603,56,56
gauge07=S3_Gauges!Altitude Indicator, 338,518,62,62
gauge08=S3B.airsp, 332,431,73,74
gauge09=S3_Gauges!Radar Altitude Indicator, 254,533,62,62
gauge10=S3B.Clock2, 268,468,46,46
gauge11=S3B.Standby_Att, 270,619,45,46
gauge12=S3B.Turn, 271,694,42,42
gauge13=S3B.adf, 421,688,54,56
gauge14=S3B.VOR1, 343, 694 ,48,47
gauge15=S3B.Flaps, 703,703,43,42
gauge16=S3_Gauges!Elevator Trim Indicator, 552,701,43,43
gauge17=S3_Gauges!G Force Indicator, 492,700,43,43
gauge18=S3B.Compass, 974,73,48,51
gauge19=S3B.AOA2, 612,701,43,42
gauge20=S3B.aoa, 2097,763,64,170
gauge21=S3_Gauges!GPS, 188,634,25,25
gauge22=S3_Gauges!ATC, 215,634,25,25
gauge23=S3_Gauges!Map, 188,662,25,25
gauge24=S3_Gauges!Pedestal, 215,662,25,25
gauge25=S3_Gauges!Left Fuel Pump, 532,4,22,22
gauge26=S3_Gauges!Right Fuel Pump, 573,3,22,22
gauge27=S3_Gauges!Oil Pressure Indicator, 808,689,30,30
gauge28=S3_Gauges!Oil Pressure Indicator 2, 861,687,30,30
gauge29=S3_Gauges!Hydraulic Pressure Indicator, 805,727,30,30
gauge30=S3_Gauges!Hydraulic Pressure Indicator, 861,727,30,30
gauge31=S3B.aoa, 384,304,25,70
gauge32=S3_Gauges!Checklist, 188,689,25,25
gauge33=S3B.landing-gear, 79,668,39
gauge34=S3_Gauges!AP HDG Adjust, 586,654,24,24
gauge35=S3_Gauges!Altitude Knob, 332,568,16,16
gauge36=rcb-miljet!Icon_Ball, 312,227,12,13
gauge37=dsd_catapult!catapult, 0,330,66,30,300150
gauge38=dsd_arrester!arrester, 0,300,40,30

[Window01]
file=digi_large.bmp
file_1024=digi_large.bmp
size_mm=651
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=0
visible=0
ident=20
window_size= 0.770, 1.000
window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

gauge00=S3_Gauges!PFD, 394,42,213,213
gauge01=S3_Gauges!HSI, 394,260,213,213
gauge02=S3_Gauges!VSI Indicator, 187,353,137,137
gauge03=S3_Gauges!Altitude Indicator, 186,188,137,137
gauge04=S3B.airsp, 183,25,143,143
gauge05=S3_Gauges!Radar Altitude Indicator, 17,222,137,137
gauge06=S3B.Clock2, 50,93,107,107
gauge07=S3B.Standby_Att, 50,385,110,110
gauge08=S3B.Turn, 43,538,110
gauge09=S3B.adf, 356,530,116,121
gauge10=S3B.VOR1, 194,537,120,120
gauge11=S3_Gauges!GPS, 392,495,25,25
gauge12=S3_Gauges!ATC, 422,495,25,25
gauge13=S3_Gauges!Map, 519,496,25,25
gauge14=S3_Gauges!Pedestal, 551, 496 ,25,25
gauge15=S3_Gauges!Checklist, 597,495,25,25
gauge16=S3_Gauges!Altitude Knob, 182,303,24,24
gauge17=S3_Gauges!AP HDG Adjust, 469,495,24,24

[Window02]
file=electrics.bmp
file_1024=electrics.bmp
size_mm=174
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=0
visible=0
ident=90
window_size= 0.210, 1.000
window_pos= 0.800, 0.000

gauge00=S3_Gauges!Engine Starter, 102,250,38,36
gauge01=S3_Gauges!Left Fuel Pump, 35,264,22,22
gauge02=S3_Gauges!Right Fuel Pump, 70,263,22,22
gauge03=S3_Gauges!Landing Light Switch, 102,340,18,18
gauge04=S3_Gauges!Avionics Switch, 104,493,18,18
gauge05=S3_Gauges!Battery Switch, 104,471,18,18
gauge06=S3_Gauges!Beacon Lights Switch, 102,386,18,18
gauge07=S3_Gauges!Navigation Lights Switch, 102,363,18,18
gauge08=S3_Gauges!Panel Lights Switch, 102,408,18,18
gauge09=S3_Gauges!Left Generator Switch, 104,518,18,18
gauge10=S3_Gauges!Right Generator Switch, 104,545,18,18
gauge11=bendix_king_radio.ap, 3,47,170,47
gauge12=bendix_king_radio.nav_comm_1, 3,95,170,64
gauge13=bendix_king_radio.nav_comm_2, 3,159,170,64
gauge14=bendix_king_radio.adf, 3, 9 ,170,38

[Window03]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=512,425
window_size_ratio=1.000
position=0
visible=0
ident=GPS_PANEL
window_size= 0.500, 0.500
window_pos= 0.500, 0.500

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500, 0,0,512,425
[Window04]
size_mm=240,240
window_size= 0.30,0.40
window_pos= 0.34,0.00
background_color=0,0,0
visible=0
ident=10011
gauge00=rcb-miljet!Ball,0,0,240,240
//--------------------------
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:57 am 

Welshflyer wrote:
The gentleman above beat me to the answer,you can install in any aircraft to allow takeoff from carriers! It can be a bit tricky though so if you have any probs i'll post the aircraft cfgs that i adapted!

All right, thanks guys for reminding me of the rcbco-20.zip. You have no idea how many times I've downloaded this file and started reading the instructions AND postponing the project for another day.

Welshflyer I figured you were using either rcbco-20.zip or the 3wire file by Rhys Eddy. Other sources suggest that the .DAT file used in the Abacus Flightdeck would add cat and arrcab function to any carrier.

So it appears that Rob Barendregts file is used for individual aircraft, whereas (I think) the 3wire file is used to add cat and arrcab to any hard deck carrier.

I was hoping to find the simplest solution as I'm a kid at heart, I'd like to take off in almost any a/c I have.
Anyway Welshflyer, thanks for your input and effort in explaining everything so well in pics and example of .cfg. I'm hanging on to this post and start experimenting once I've won the war with the Tax Office I'm currently engaged in.

How'd you go with your 'carrier2006' setup BTW?

Greetings Hack

Very Happy
Tailhook
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:46 am 

414David wrote:

anyways, I would be very happy if you would send me the cocpit and sound youre using for your viggen...
Thanks again for your effort to bring me some sanity in this world of madness.

You're welcome!

This is the soundset I'm using for the Viggen: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2910/fs2004-grumman-f-14-tomcat-sound-pack/

You mention the F-16, the author of the above Christoffer Petersen has made a nice one for the F-16 as well: https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2758/fs2004-f-16-pw200-sound-pack/

Now to the panel:

That's a bit of a problem as I got it out of Randy Shoemake's 'Ultimate Tomcat' which seems to have vanished from the file libraries with the exception of FS Planet. Arrow (dead link removed)

You could have problems downloading from there as they claim to have freeware but only let you download at particular times. They want money for FREEWARE!!

An alternative I just found, and the file description sounds very interesting, is this one Arrow https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2911/fs2004-grumman-f-14d-tomcat-panel/

Basically you can mix and match panels and aircraft within reason.

Very Happy