Ultimate Traffic

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Hello everyone! I would like to buy Ultimate Traffic now and I was looking for websites that have UT. I found many but most of them ship only to the US and I am living in Portugal (I'm not portuguese. Just a comment).
Can anyone give some websites where I can buy UT and ship to Europe?
And I have another question: Does UT low your FPS while you're using it?

Thanks! 🙂

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Im not 100% sure that is is available this side of the water yet ➡

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/2460/utuk/

If you must have UT but need traffic now try ProjectAI untill its released (its free)➡

http://www.projectai.com/packages/

I got fed up of waiting Evil or Very Mad and went for T2004

Pro Member Chief Captain

I read that post before, TTT. But thank you for your reply.
It's a shame that there is no UT in Europe. Well, maybe there is but we don't know. Mysterious thing....
Anyway, I will keep trying to find somehing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Ok, I hate to burst your bubble, but UT RAPES YOUR FRAMERATES!!!

I have a X800XT Platinum right....well, at 75% traffic, I get frames around 18-20 as opposed to 50-80 without it...I'd hate to see what it does to a weaker card 😞 Crying or Very sad

Pro Member Chief Captain

Emmm...that sounded bad, FEM. I din;t know that UT rapes the framerates. That's why I asked.
There's some people that recommed to buy UT. I was recommended by RadarMan to buy it.
My video card in an Nvidia GeForce FX 5600. Is is a good video card for you? For me it is. Ok, I don't get the "WOW" framerates, but they are not too bad. I usually get 18-20. Sometimes I get 30. There was a day I got 37, and it is blocked at that number.
Maybe I could buy another video card. What do you guys think?

FEM, do you know a website in which I could buy UT and they ship to Europe. I'd like to buy it. I like traffic, but I don't like low framerates. I wish that one day they are gone. No framerates. Awesome graphics. Everything perfect. That would be cool. The future awaits us.... 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I didn't notice a big hit in FPS but I did take somewhat of a hit and I'm at 100% with an older machine and a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb.
Try e-mailing Flight1 and asking them about shipping over the pond or if they know who has it there.

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=contact

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

I think you'll do OK with the card, just set traffic to around 25% after you install it, it'll be fine then!

Pro Member First Officer
jelami First Officer

I just downloaded it, makes the world a lot smaller that way. And I did not have to go buy another CD holder to put on my desk.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Ultimate Traffic.

I just checked and they have international shipping.
Check it out for yourself I don't want anyone gunning for me.

http://www.pcaviator.com/shop/viewAProduct.php?pid=194#

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

I didn't know that that website have international shipping. Maybe I didn't see it.
FEM told me to set the traffic to 25% with my video card. Is it fun flying with that percentage? I mean, does it have some planes or just 5 or 6 planes parked in their gate?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I just found that site with it last night by chance.

First set it at 100% and see how you like it and how it affects your FPS (if at all), use KSEA for the trial run.
Then go in and drop it to 75% and so on until you find the look and the performance that you can live with.
As I said I have it at 100% because I like the look, the added life that it gives to the sim, everyone is different.
Let us know how you do.

Radar

Last edited by RadarMan on Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain

Ok, I'll buy UT this night. If I have some problems with the FPS I will just buy another video card and that's it ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain

Oh, i didnt mean to diss your video card buddy! I meant like a 32MB card and stuff like that. Yours is better than my original. And with the traffic at 25% you will have planes wrapped around EVERY terminal at the hartsfield atlanta intl airport. there'll be like 45-50.

I think the reason for the bad frames i got was because i turned all the autogen and scenic scenery (trees, buidlings) all the way up...I seem to like that more than i would oter aircraft.

So if you keep the scenery down or somethin like that, you ought to be fine...but it will still hit you because it's gonna have to load that many planes.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Don't worry FEM. I know what you meant with that. Maybe I was misunderstood. It's not your fault. Well, I also like to have a good scenary, but mine is not set to all high because my frames go low.
Anyway, sometime I'll buy a new video card to have better frames.

Agus0404 wrote:

I didn't know that that website have international shipping. Maybe I didn't see it.
FEM told me to set the traffic to 25% with my video card. Is it fun flying with that percentage? I mean, does it have some planes or just 5 or 6 planes parked in their gate?

I have both Ultimate Traffic and MyTraffic. I like MyTraffic better. There are fewer bugs, the program is bigger, and you get real commercial A.I. liveries, GA and military.

I keep two installs (two different PCs) of FS2004. Ultimate Traffic on one, MyTraffic on the other.

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

I had an intended to order UT today, but after reading this and a couple of other posts on this subject, I changed my mind and just ordered "My Traffic". Hopefully I will be satisfied. 🙂

If any of you My Traffic users on this board have any comments about the package, I would appreciate hearing from you?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...