Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

fuel truck and baggage

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Rifro
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:01 pm 

just some help here, i finaly started flying big jet planes (as im getting my pilots license, always flew the cessnas) and wanted to refuel. landed at Tampa Int. and went to the gate in my 737. pressed ctrl J and got the jetway to go to me (thanks to the guys that told me) . I pressed Shift F and got the fuel truck to me. only thing is, it just kinda stood near the aircraft. and I have no clue how to get the baggage car to me, though i have never even seen it done. can anyone help me?
JLangevin
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:16 pm 

I can get everything to me without a problem except the fuel truck... I push it and it tells me that I am first in line, but it never shows up...

About the baggage car... You have to push Shift+E then push number 2 to open the cargo doors... The baggage truck and fuel trucks will only approach the aircraft if the engines are off... it they are running/idleing then they will not come... Remember, those are thrust engines!! They work by forcing air out the back through a turbine, then the reaction pushes the aircraft forward! Anything behind the aircraft will be pushed as well, and if the engines were running, will endure thousands of pounds of force...

Now you see why the engines must be off?
bawls327
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:18 am 

actually when I first got the game I didnt know how to turn engines off and they still came. Now I know better.
JLangevin
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:32 am 

Ive never been able to get the trucks to come with the engine on.
Rifro
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:26 pm 

thanks
Rifro
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:12 am 

how do i call the baggage car though?
JLangevin
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:19 am 

The baggage car is called automatically when you open the cargo doors.. Shift+E then 2
anonymouse91
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:45 am 

I've never been able to call anything. Once when I managed to call a fuel truck, it never came. Any suggestions on an airport (if possible, a gate number) which has jetways?
ThunderRide
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:03 pm 

Actually, I usually fly my B24 and am in the middle of a very lengthy flight. When I need fuel and land at an airport that has fuel trucks, I push shift+f and am told that I'm first in line, DO NOT shut down my engines and within a few minutes a truck shows up. What I have noticed is that when the truck finally show up, it takes a minute or so because within a few yards of my aircraft the truck starts creeping REALLY slow until I get a separate screen to input my desired fuel load and any changes in weight that I want. I don't know about the cargo because I'm not attaching to a jet way or anything. Oh, and prior to requesting fuel the fuel truck I request taxi to parking/fuel from ATC. But I NEVER shutdown my engines because I always have problems getting them started manually (I get a kick out of starting them manually)
Rifro
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:23 pm 

i them all to work, with your B24 its a propeller aircraft right? that would mean you dont have all that thrust.
mdaskalos
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:04 am 

Rifro wrote:
i them all to work, with your B24 its a propeller aircraft right? that would mean you dont have all that thrust.

Yeah, but you still have nasty rotating blades in free space, that can ruin your whole day.

What would a B-24 have to do with a baggage car, anyway?

mdaskalos
ThunderRide
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:02 pm 

mdaskalos wrote:
Rifro wrote:

Yeah, but you still have nasty rotating blades in free space, that can ruin your whole day.

What would a B-24 have to do with a baggage car, anyway?

mdaskalos

Absolutely nothing... My comments were in regard to the fuel truck not responding to a request that one might make.
Ravie
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:29 am 

hmmmmmmmmmm apparently the worlds largest airports don't have fuel trucks available my game is weird lol Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:58 pm 

Ravie wrote:
hmmmmmmmmmm apparently the worlds largest airports don't have fuel trucks available my game is weird lol Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

Be sure to activate airport vehicles in the setting window that has, cars, boats and the other moving animation setting slides.
that's the last window on the right (if I remember) of the four settings windows.

Radar

jellrod
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:02 pm 

I have those settings, but when I hit SHIFT E then 2, nothing happens, the main cabin door opens, but no cargo door. I'm flying the 737 800.
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:34 pm 

jellrod wrote:
I have those settings, but when I hit SHIFT E then 2, nothing happens, the main cabin door opens, but no cargo door. I'm flying the 737 800.

Try 3 or 4 that may open the doors.
Not every aircraft has that built in.

Radar

nbrettoner

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:49 am 

ThunderRide wrote:
Actually, I usually fly my B24 and am in the middle of a very lengthy flight. When I need fuel and land at an airport that has fuel trucks, I push shift+f and am told that I'm first in line, DO NOT shut down my engines and within a few minutes a truck shows up. What I have noticed is that when the truck finally show up, it takes a minute or so because within a few yards of my aircraft the truck starts creeping REALLY slow until I get a separate screen to input my desired fuel load and any changes in weight that I want. I don't know about the cargo because I'm not attaching to a jet way or anything. Oh, and prior to requesting fuel the fuel truck I request taxi to parking/fuel from ATC. But I NEVER shutdown my engines because I always have problems getting them started manually (I get a kick out of starting them manually)

Hi ThunderRide,

I'm new here & have FSX.
A Polish B24 I downloaded has panels/gauges missing.
Unfortunately the "shift_3" Nav panel too.
Is there a B24 for FSX, & if not how can I replace the original FS98 panels/gauges, & what with?.

Thanks, Smile
ThunderRide
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:54 pm 

What I did was went to Best Buy and bought the Wings of Power Aircraft Powerpack. Included in that was not the Polish B-24 but rather the American B-24, as well as B-17, B-29, P-51 and a gaggle of German Prop and jet aircraft from that same era. The add-on was less than $30 and is strongly recommended for a person thats into those type of aircraft by me. All 3D and 2D cockpits are amazing as well as the aircraft textures. All buttons and knobs work flawlessly, and the aircraft are pretty fun to fly. The creater's of the add-on consulted with the manufactur's and flight crews of those aircraft, so as well as getting outstanding quality aircraft that work the way that they are supposed to, you also get the quirkiness of the aircraft for that time. I give WoP 2 thumbs up and 2 big toes up. The only thing that I would change is the ordinance... You can open the bomb bay doors by using the spoiler key combo and the bomb bay doors open, but you can't drop the ordinance that is inside. But on the P-51, you can drop the drop tanks, but they don't explode when they hit the ground. Here are some pics...

Cockpit shot, I can have a better one later tonight

B-24

A better cockpit shot in the B-24

B-24

Hope this helps you out, and if you want more screenshots, let me know
ThunderRide
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:59 pm 

goughey

Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:51 pm 

i press the butten (shift e 2) it don't work man pleas tell meh. Question Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Cheers! Hit with Chair Read Whistle Wall Bashing Ass Ass
OneFatDollar

Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:07 am 

I had the same problem in my 737-800 with the luggage doors. You have to press shift+e then quickly release and press 2. It might take a few tries but as soon as you've pressed shift+e you MUST release then quickly press 2. That should work!! Smile
Yutube_Raiders

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:21 am 

Hi I just landed at Indianapolis Int. And taxied of the runway to the parking area there I called a fuel truck it said I was 1 st customer but it never comes Why?
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:40 am 

Yutube_Raiders wrote:
Hi I just landed at Indianapolis Int. And taxied of the runway to the parking area there I called a fuel truck it said I was 1 st customer but it never comes Why?

Pull up as close as you can to a gate .
"Call" a truck and wait a while.
Not all airports have this feature, try ksea or klax.

Radar

Foxy the pirate

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:27 pm 

Just read to find out i only have FS2002 Evil or Very Mad
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:46 pm 

Foxy the pirate wrote:
Just read to find out i only have FS2002 Evil or Very Mad

Here are the keyboard commands for FS2002.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/3083/fs2002-keyboard-commands/

Radar

Rick G

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:09 am 

This appears to be an older post, but now that someone has resurrected it, I will ask my question. Will the Wings of Power work with FSX? When I open the link provided, it said it was for FS 2004. I get a kick out of flying the older aircraft, such as the DC3. I enjoy watching some of the older war movies which had these aircraft and marvel at the pilots who flew them.

Thanks - Rick
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:53 am 

Rick G wrote:
This appears to be an older post, but now that someone has resurrected it, I will ask my question. Will the Wings of Power work with FSX? When I open the link provided, it said it was for FS 2004. I get a kick out of flying the older aircraft, such as the DC3. I enjoy watching some of the older war movies which had these aircraft and marvel at the pilots who flew them.

Thanks - Rick

I believe Wings Of Power 3 will work with FSX.
Contact the manufacturer and be sure.

https://a2asimulations.com

Radar

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:18 pm 

Hello all,

Have been busy, so haven't been here for a while.

Few years ago I downloaded Francois Dore's Project AIrbus Pack for FSX-sp2 or Acc.

The add-on Aircraft pack containing a318, a319, a320, a321 and a340. All nice and neatly listed in my
Airplane folder. I installed it a year or two ago into my FSX acc. Now that the winter is closing, I've been
testing the airbus pack, and doing some full scale flights. The only trouble I'm having is with the cargo
doors not opening on the A321's.
I have checked the cfg and the PDF, both contain same info and should open in the normal way, but they
don't.

Could it be an issue with the air file, mdl or redirected to an external folder like the intelliscene?
I find it strange that all the other versions work except for the 321's.

I would like a little advice with this. It would be a shame to have to use an additional pack just for 321's
when I already have it nicely installed in one folder.

I have in the past played around with .air files, but time hasn't been good to me. Starting to forget more
and more every time I startup FSX.

Mealone
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:02 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
Hello all,

Have been busy, so haven't been here for a while.

Few years ago I downloaded Francois Dore's Project AIrbus Pack for FSX-sp2 or Acc.

The add-on Aircraft pack containing a318, a319, a320, a321 and a340. All nice and neatly listed in my
Airplane folder. I installed it a year or two ago into my FSX acc. Now that the winter is closing, I've been
testing the airbus pack, and doing some full scale flights. The only trouble I'm having is with the cargo
doors not opening on the A321's.
I have checked the cfg and the PDF, both contain same info and should open in the normal way, but they
don't.

Could it be an issue with the air file, mdl or redirected to an external folder like the intelliscene?
I find it strange that all the other versions work except for the 321's.

I would like a little advice with this. It would be a shame to have to use an additional pack just for 321's
when I already have it nicely installed in one folder.

I have in the past played around with .air files, but time hasn't been good to me. Starting to forget more
and more every time I startup FSX.

Mealone

See if this helps.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/29610/fsx-baggage-doors/

Radar

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:31 am 

Hi Cap

Long time... sorry for that!

I did in fact check that my kb settings were as I had left them. But, because all seems to be in place, as well as
the list in the cfg. I can't figure out what the problem is or where.

This got me thinking! if it has to do with the .air file or the model... That will be a delicate matter (its been too
long ago) and I don't think I will be able to fix it. (maybe in the long run) unless they excluded doors from it.
So by asking here I was hoping more for a conformation.

As you know I'm NOT new to the FSX, I did search the forums beforehand, but this has me stumped.

I don't like messing around in add on planes or scenery. I'm sure the person(s) who created them know more
than I. I don't mind adjusting the Jetway settings and the Callsign now an then and most proggies from the past
I still have installed, I've just forgotten how to use them.

I was amazed to realize "Its been four years since we last posted each other". How time "flies" hihi
I've missed you though!

btw: The Xplane turned out to be good, demanding, modern, but not for me Sad FSX ALL THE WAY!!

Mealone