PMDG BE1900D REPAINT KIT

Michelgarcia Guest

Can someone help me with the pmdg 1900D repaint kit?. I would like to ask you for some help about the repaint kit of the B1900D. I've downloaded it and even repainted every file on it with photoshop cs2. Afterwards I save them as .bmp and then convert them from bmp to dxt3. When I run up FS2004 I just see the aircraft completely white except the winglets with the paint scheme that I have asigned to it. What do you thin it could be happen? If you dont know about repaint can you please give me some contacts in order to solve the problem plz?

Regards and will keep waiting for an answer,

Michel

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
macgregor Guest

Not sure what you mean by -

Afterwards I save them as .bmp and then convert them from bmp to dxt3

I presume you have saved them in .bmp format from your editor.
Next step is to convert them to Extended Bit Map format - you do this by using DXTbmp.exe (available free - Google it) - Save it as Extended bmp and select DXT3. Hope this helps

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Michaelgarcia -

Hello Michaelgarcia - macgregor has gioven you good advice, the only thing that I would add is, if you are NOT getting your textures to show up and you HAVE saved in Extended BMP format, then chances are your Cfg file is wrong, or, your Cfg file does not equate to the subdirectory of the plane in which you have installed the textures.

Double check your Cfg folder as well as re-saving your paint as described by Macgregor above.

Also remember that OVER use of DXT3 will cause structural damage to your paint, so use it sparingly with each set of textures you create.

michelgarcia Guest

Thanks both for your quik answer.

I have more question, wombat457, when do you say to check my Cfg folder you mean the file called aircraft.cfg which is inside of the pmdg 1900 aircraft folder? And other question is, if I have to no over use file dxt3 that means I dont have to convert all the .bmp to dxt3? which ones do you consider more important to convert? I can for example convert the half into dxt3 and leave the rest just .bmp????

Regards,

Michel
TCA7188

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

HI Michaelgarcia -

Okay the answer to the first question is YES - your Aircraft Cfg IS the Cfg file I am talking about.

DXT3 -

You have to use DXT3 with EVERY TEXTURE you paint on or want to add an Alpha Channel too so you can SAVE those TEXTURES as EXTENDED BMP FORMAT so FS2004 can read them and use them.

What I meant by OVER USING DXT3 was opening and closing the SAME texture file with DXT3 too many times. The most you should use DXT3 on one TEXTURE is probably TWICE.Over using DXT# on the one TEXTURE can and will cause your paint to blur and/or it will get a green and or pick tinge through it - not very nice.

So, you use DXT3 on EVERY TEXTURE but only once or twice for each texture.

Did that make sense ?

michelgarcia Guest

I still not see the repaint.. :S Maybe I'm quite bad on doing it, but I think I've done it the same you guys told me. I'll describe all the process I've done.

1.- I open every texture .bmp on DXTbmp and select save as - extended bitmap- and the I select under the namr of the file DXT3. So I do with the rest of the repainted files.

2.- I create a texture folder called for example: texture.yv837cp and put in there all the textures.

3.- I add to the aircraft.cfg the following lines according to the last model added. See Example below:

[fltsim.11]
title=KLM City Hopper Beech B1900D - VC/Cabin
sim=beech_1900D
model=VCCAB
panel=VC
sound=
texture=WA
atc_id_color=0xffffffff
atc_id=PH-RBC
atc_airline=City
atc_flight_number=211
ui_manufacturer=Beechcraft-PMDG Express
ui_type=1900D VC & Cabin
ui_variation=KLM City Hopper
description=PMDG Express Beechcraft 1900D. \nPrecision Manuals Development Group\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \nFor use with PMDG EXPRESS B1900D \nFor Technical Support please visit www.precisionmanuals.com
visual_damage=1
atc_heavy=0
checklists=beech_1900D_check
kb_reference=beech_1900D_check_ref

[fltsim.12]
title=Toyota YV837CP - VC/Cabin
sim=beech_1900D
model=VCCAB
panel=VC
sound=
texture=yv837cp
atc_id_color=0xffffffff
atc_id=YV-837CP
atc_airline=City
atc_flight_number=211
ui_type=1900D VC & Cabin
ui_variation=B1900D Toyota
description=PMDG Express Beechcraft 1900D. \nPrecision Manuals Development Group\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \nFor use with PMDG EXPRESS B1900D \nFor Technical Support please visit www.precisionmanuals.com Repainted By Michel García Gavilán
visual_damage=1
atc_heavy=0

4.- I open FS2004 and I could see the name of the aircraft but the same than before the whole body in white except the winglets.

Somebody know what the texture beech1900d_fullsides is? if it is different than 1900d_fuse_t ??????

Regards,

Michel.

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Michaelgarcia -

Well, it looks as though you have done everything correctly and after 12 installs you will know what you are doing.

It is possible that the plane textures you are trying to install are not compatible with the model you are installing them onto and that could cause problems, but from what I see in your post - your plane should work so long as it is compatible.

michelgarcia Guest

Hi everybody,
it still not working, can somebody please send me step by step all I have to do in order to get de planen seen on the fs??

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Hi -

Okay the only other thing that I can think of is a problem with the "UI-MANUFACTURER" try deleteing it from the Cfg (Aircraft file) and JUST inserting "BEECHCRAFT". But everythign else looks okay so far as the Cfg file goes. I assume you DXT'd the textures again right ?

hcomspam12 Guest

michelgarcia wrote:

I still not see the repaint.. :S Maybe I'm quite bad on doing it, but I think I've done it the same you guys told me. I'll describe all the process I've done.

1.- I open every texture .bmp on DXTbmp and select save as - extended bitmap- and the I select under the namr of the file DXT3. So I do with the rest of the repainted files.

2.- I create a texture folder called for example: texture.yv837cp and put in there all the textures.

3.- I add to the aircraft.cfg the following lines according to the last model added. See Example below:

[fltsim.11]
title=KLM City Hopper Beech B1900D - VC/Cabin
sim=beech_1900D
model=VCCAB
panel=VC
sound=
texture=WA
atc_id_color=0xffffffff
atc_id=PH-RBC
atc_airline=City
atc_flight_number=211
ui_type=1900D VC & Cabin
ui_variation=KLM City Hopper
description=PMDG Express Beechcraft 1900D. \nPrecision Manuals Development Group\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \nFor use with PMDG EXPRESS B1900D \nFor Technical Support please visit www.precisionmanuals.com
visual_damage=1
atc_heavy=0

[fltsim.12]
title=Toyota YV837CP - VC/Cabin
sim=beech_1900D
model=VCCAB
panel=VC
sound=
texture=yv837cp
atc_id_color=0xffffffff
atc_id=YV-837CP
atc_airline=City
atc_flight_number=211
ui_type=1900D VC & Cabin
ui_variation=B1900D Toyota
description=PMDG Express Beechcraft 1900D. \nPrecision Manuals Development Group\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \nFor use with PMDG EXPRESS B1900D \nFor Technical Support please visit www.precisionmanuals.com Repainted By Michel García Gavilán
visual_damage=1
atc_heavy=0

4.- I open FS2004 and I could see the name of the aircraft but the same than before the whole body in white except the winglets.

Somebody know what the texture beech1900d_fullsides is? if it is different than 1900d_fuse_t ??????

Regards,

Michel.

Pro Member First Officer
wombat457 First Officer

Michael -

Please post a screenshot of the [Fltsim.0] and the [Fltsim.?] for the textures you are trying to add but only those two Cfg entrires so we can make a comparison between the two.

If you have DXT'd the textures as DXT3 and saved them as Extended BMP, then the only problem can be in the Cfg file so far as I can see, unless you have the name of the texture in the Cfg file different to the name of the texture folder in the plane folder.

Pro Member Trainee
DaFirmCEO Trainee

I found the Beech 1900D Model & Paint Kit from Henry Tomkiewicz is a much better paint kit and and base model to work with, it is a nice layered PSD file you can modify quite easy...

I found converting it much easier and 100% foolproof to use the Utility DXTBmp program to convert my BMP files... Basically it exports the BMP to Photoshop where you can paste your repaint over it, then it imports it back from photoshop and saves it in the proper format

Goto http://www.dafirm.com/pacwest/

Those are a few of the repaints I have done with the above described method and many of the kits from Henry Tomkiewicz....

Michelgarcia wrote:

Can someone help me with the pmdg 1900D repaint kit?. I would like to ask you for some help about the repaint kit of the B1900D. I've downloaded it and even repainted every file on it with photoshop cs2. Afterwards I save them as .bmp and then convert them from bmp to dxt3. When I run up FS2004 I just see the aircraft completely white except the winglets with the paint scheme that I have asigned to it. What do you thin it could be happen? If you dont know about repaint can you please give me some contacts in order to solve the problem plz?

Regards and will keep waiting for an answer,

Michel

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...