Upgraded to Vista: flashing graphic images

rick101c Guest

So I upgraded to Vista Premium on my AMD 5000 dual core w/ GeForce 7950 GT graphics card.
Using latest release of NVIDIA graphics drivers.

FS X didn't work at all so I uninstalled and re-installed.

When I fly, my screen flashes, and I only see a brief image for a fraction of a second, maybe once a second or two. Even when I set graphics to LOW I still get this same behavior.
Totally worthless.

Boy do I wish I hadn't upgraded to Vista...

Any ideas to help? Is there a FS X patch or service pack available?

Thanks!

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

There will be SP1 for both very soon but for now turn down the AA settings in your video cards control panel and see if that helps.
Try a different resolution also, lower one.

Radar

i Too am having this same problem tried resolution and still dosn't work

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

i Too am having this same problem tried resolution and still dosn't work

If you have an NVIDIA card make the AA 2X and the AF 16X.

Radar

I have a Radeon 9600 pro and the game worked fine before i upgraded to vista...also i downloaded the Service Pack and it still dosnt work 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

I have a Radeon 9600 pro and the game worked fine before i upgraded to vista...also i downloaded the Service Pack and it still dosnt work 😞

A 9600Pro on Vista. That's an old card. I'm sure it's having a difficult time rendering graphics.
What are your other system specs.

Radar

i am not having any problems...gig of ram 2.8ghz proccessor asus p4p800 pro motherboard... had no problems running the game on XP

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...