GPS waypoints

Pro Member Trainee
Wannab Trainee

has anyone else thought it would be nice to create you own gps waypoints, or can this even be done?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest

Yes use the flight planner.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Wannab wrote:

has anyone else thought it would be nice to create you own gps waypoints, or can this even be done?

In The Learning Center, it shows how to make your own waypoints for the GPS but it's complicated and can't be done in flight.

Pro Member Trainee
ThunderRide Trainee

CRJCapt wrote:

Wannab wrote:

In The Learning Center, it shows how to make your own waypoints for the GPS but it's complicated and can't be done in flight.

Acutally, if you know the airport 4 character code (ex. KLAX), you can push the "DIRECT TO" button on the GPS (its the button that has a "D" with an arrow through it), input your airport code using the GPS arrow keys or dial and then hit the "ENTER" button on the GPS and you will now have a waypoint. The only downside is that so far I've found that you cannot set up multiple waypoints on the fly using this method, but I really haven't tried either... Don't forget to hit the curser button (CRSR) on the GPS prior to inputting your airport info or else it will kick you out into the main GPS window.

Pro Member Trainee
Wannab Trainee

thats not what i meant, i know about the flight planner and have looked inside the learning center, by creating your own gps waypoint i was refering to adding in coordinates, like to an offshore oil platform, and having this come up as a waypoint on the gps

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Go to Learning Center, Navigation, using Flt. planner, edit Flt. plan. Scroll down to [Creating custom waypoints in flight plan files]. It describes how to edit a flight plan file with a personnel waypoint defined by Lat/Long.

Pro Member Trainee
Wannab Trainee

thanks il try that

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...