FSX.cfg

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

Where is the FSX.cfg file? I'ved done searched and looked in all the folders but can't seem to find it. Can anyone help? Thanks

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Charlie10 wrote:

Where is the FSX.cfg file? I'ved done searched and looked in all the folders but can't seem to find it. Can anyone help? Thanks

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\FSX.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

Thank you very much Radarman 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

Only problem - it doesn't exist.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Just checked MS's site.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555739

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

Thanks again 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
Charlie10 First Officer

I should wear the dunce cap for a week Embarassed Those hidden files have done it to me again. But, Radarman to the rescue. All is fixed and all is well. THANKS

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Charlie10 wrote:

I should wear the dunce cap for a week Embarassed Those hidden files have done it to me again. But, Radarman to the rescue. All is fixed and all is well. THANKS

😂 Hidden does it to us all.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Jim (jellrod) First Officer

|I've found the .cfg files and tried to update when I downloaded some new liveries for the 737-800,only problem is when I click on "|Edit" then make the changes, it won't let me save the file. I'm using Vista......and I click "ALLOW" when prompted.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

jellrod wrote:

|I've found the .cfg files and tried to update when I downloaded some new liveries for the 737-800,only problem is when I click on "|Edit" then make the changes, it won't let me save the file. I'm using Vista......and I click "ALLOW" when prompted.

You have to be particular here. The topic concerns the FSX.cfg file.

You are talking about the aircraft.cfg file of the 737. Two totally different .cfg files.

Why would you click on Edit when you edit the aircraft.cfg file?
All you have to do is open the aircraft.cfg with Notepad, make your changes --- but don't forget to backup the original first --- and when you close the aircraft.cfg allow the changes. Done.

Pro Member First Officer

Sorry for the confusion over the .cfg file types. Too answer your question, yes, I open them in notepad using the edit function, then make the changes. When I go to save it or close it, the program tells me it will not allow it, must be administrator. Well, I AM the administrator on my home PC. Just wondering if it was a new function of Vista. That's all. Thanks for the input, I'll try again.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I'm still not in the clear about that 'Edit Function' you keep mentioning... is this something new in Vista?

Running under XP all you have to do is open the .cfg, make your changes and close the notepad/textfile. Saving changes of course. That's it Umm...

Pro Member First Officer

Yup - you are correct. I can do it on my office PC running XP, but my home PC running Vista won't let me. Word of caution!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...