Successful Tweaks of FSX.cft AFTER SP1 Has Been Installed

Pro Member First Officer
Tom (cthiggin) First Officer

Hello Fellow Simmers -
We have have read Phil's tweaks - other forum tweaks - of "their" FSX.cfg tweaks after installing SP1 -

I really need to know - Installed TileProxy, and uninstalled - it was supposed to revert to the "previous" FSX.cfg that I had - WELL, or course, it didn't. - I deleted my tileproxy altered FSX.cfg and let FSX install a new one - WELL, of course, I lost "my" tweaks and the "base" FSX.cfg has really put my simming experience into the ground.
Would you folks be so kind as to List what a "good" "tweaked" SP1 FSX.cfg should look like.

Sorry for the bother, but I was doing very well and should have left enough alone - pushed the envelope with the TileProxy program - crashed and burned -
Thanks in advance,
cthiggin

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

I found adding the line about mipmaps or whatever they are called to the graphics section really helped my performance and improved blurries

I'm now getting a consistant 30fps in everywhere but the busiest airports.

doogle Guest

TWEAKED FSX.CFG:

[JOBSCHEDULER]
;Dual Core Only
AffinityMask=3
[BufferPools]
PoolSize=5000000
[Main]
DisablePreload=1
[DISPLAY.Device.xxx.0]
MipBias=6
[Display]
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=200
[TERRAIN]
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=2000
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=2000

Pro Member First Officer
Michaelvg1 First Officer

Can you explain the MipMap tweak?
Thanks

Pro Member First Officer
Michaelvg1 First Officer

This Job Schedule Tweak?
Do you just ass the whole thing at the end of the cfg file.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Michaelvg1 wrote:

Can you explain the MipMap tweak?
Thanks

See if this helps.

http://www.flightsimulationforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1091

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

Mip bias sorry, that was off the top of my head

doogle Guest

MipBias controls the detail of distant textures. It's much better to configure this option in your video control panel. You can add any of the above tweaks anywhere in your FSX.CFG.

Pro Member First Officer
Michaelvg1 First Officer

Didn't Phil say that the Job Shedule tweak is worthless because his code in SP1 is set up for dual core?

What does it do anyway?

doogle Guest

Michaelvg1 wrote:

Didn't Phil say that the Job Shedule tweak is worthless because his code in SP1 is set up for dual core?

What does it do anyway?

the AffinityMask=3 is only effective in SP1, AFAIK.

doogle Guest

from phil's blogg:

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=n

n = number of cores scheduled
1 = 1 core
3 = 2 cores
7 = 3 cores
15 = 4 cores

I should think FSX is able to detect and use the cores appropriate for the cpu so I don't know how effective this tweak really is.

Pro Member First Officer
Michaelvg1 First Officer

AFIAK?

doogle Guest

😂 i take it you are not familiar with web initialism:

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/AFAIK

Pro Member First Officer
Michaelvg1 First Officer

OK. So Phil says SP1 takes full use of both of my cores. Do I still need the code he is suggesting... Affinity....
When I go into the Task manager and check they both are checked.

Pro Member First Officer
JLangevin First Officer

They were both checked BEFORE SP1 also... i added this line to my SP1 install before I used the sim after SP1 install... when I removed it, I noticed an FPS drop.

How effective it is? I do not really know. When I get home, I will do some experimenting and see what happens.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...